Class of 2021 - DT Dion Wilson (CA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/2/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DT Dion Wilson (CA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/2/24)

A 3 is lined up outside the guard. A 1 is lined up inside the guard.
Calculate Zach Galifianakis GIF

I hope at a minimum we can add another athlete like Wilson for the DT and then 2 traditional NT types, that should put us in a good position heading into the Spring for healthy competition and see where things shake out. Perry and Fuentes still intrigue me, and Ingraham could be a sold DT rotational guy if he continues to improve in his recovery.
At a minimum? Here’s to hoping but that sounds a bit aggressive. Guys on the roster are still going to play on the d line and o line. Hope we can add 3 more d line on the interior but I doubt we do. Guess we shall see.

What the hell do 3i and 1 shade mean?
Money explained it but mainly ur 3 is a super athletic big guy who can move like wilson type, but can get to the outside at times also. 1 shade is your gap filler. on our team Ingram was the closest but to be honesti dont know where he will fit in. Preseason will tell us depending on where they play him. I do wannalook up more of Georgia defense but not sure ifvwe run that or something close.

At a minimum? Here’s to hoping but that sounds a bit aggressive. Guys on the roster are still going to play on the d line and o line. Hope we can add 3 more d line on the interior but I doubt we do. Guess we shall see.
Well I mean, we have been heavily linked to Isaiah Raikes, the Texas A&M NT in the portal with 1 year left, and we offered the JUCO Nwokocha who is similar size to Wilson at the DT spot. Now I don't know if we are still pursuing both (was it Wilson or Nwokocha for example), but it definitely appears we're in the market for at least a few more DT's on the surface.

Money explained it but mainly ur 3 is a super athletic big guy who can move like wilson type, but can get to the outside at times also. 1 shade is your gap filler. on our team Ingram was the closest but to be honesti dont know where he will fit in. Preseason will tell us depending on where they play him. I do wannalook up more of Georgia defense but not sure ifvwe run that or something close.
I think Ingraham's problem is that the injuries have at least slowed him some to date so he doesn't have that explosiveness you'd want out of a DT and he doesn't have the bulkiness you'd want out of a NT for lack of a better term lol.

If you could bulk Ingraham up maybe that compensates for any athleticism he's lost due to the injuries and makes him a useful NT. Don't know.

I think Ingraham's problem is that the injuries have at least slowed him some to date so he doesn't have that explosiveness you'd want out of a DT and he doesn't have the bulkiness you'd want out of a NT for lack of a better term lol.

If you could bulk Ingraham up maybe that compensates for any athleticism he's lost due to the injuries and makes him a useful NT. Don't know.
exactly what i was thinking.

Well Barrel, this guy just popped up, looks like a buddy of James Heard's from WVU, Philly kid and 1 industry analyst says he expects him to come here. Has prototypical DT size if he adds 10 lbs. Have to think he projects there for us.

So the DT's just keep on coming :)

*Credit to Jake for the scoop.

So on the 4 man front in the Georgia style 4-2-5, are the DEs typically hands down on the line so for example a DE weighing around 275/285 who is good generally against run and can rush plays the end or do they typically run fast twitch 255/265 guys that may rush from a standing rush? I am just wondering if a guy like Perry from Buffalo or that guy Jake mentioned from WV might be DEs with some size that Fran/Erob want to play.

So on the 4 man front in the Georgia style 4-2-5, are the DEs typically hands down on the line so for example a DE weighing around 275/285 who is good generally against run and can rush plays the end or do they typically run fast twitch 255/265 guys that may rush from a standing rush? I am just wondering if a guy like Perry from Buffalo or that guy Jake mentioned from WV might be DEs with some size that Fran/Erob want to play.
Is the defense going to be like Georgias or is it going to be like A&M’s. When I had looked at the A&M roster they had one who was about 280 lbs and one who was 265 lbs.

Well Barrel, this guy just popped up, looks like a buddy of James Heard's from WVU, Philly kid and 1 industry analyst says he expects him to come here. Has prototypical DT size if he adds 10 lbs. Have to think he projects there for us.

So the DT's just keep on coming :)

*Credit to Jake for the scoop.
nice! It’s the two traditional NT’s that I think will be tough to get. Doesn’t seem to be a ton of smoke with the Raikes kid from A&M either which makes me think one side isn’t all that interested but just guessing.

nice! It’s the two traditional NT’s that I think will be tough to get. Doesn’t seem to be a ton of smoke with the Raikes kid from A&M either which makes me think one side isn’t all that interested but just guessing.
Assuming Darton is gone it looks to me at this moment Wilson and Ingraham at NT and Jobity, EFC, and Perry at DT. Jobity gains another 12 ilbs he can play inside at 275.

It might not be what these guys want, but could be what they are looking at. It would be great to bring in a couple of bigger guys and he could bump out strong side end.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom