Class of 2023 - DT/OG Mamadou Cissokho (Sengal) Verbal to Liberty | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DT/OG Mamadou Cissokho (Sengal) Verbal to Liberty

He hasn’t played a down of football. Was looking for an American HS to play a year in hopes of getting a scholarship somewhere.

His freak athletic ability has schools offering him regardless. Pretty sure he is going somewhere big time.

So this kid has never stepped foot onto the field for a football game, and he's getting P5 offers? Sounds a little crazy to me, that's like offering a kid as a QB because he can throw a baseball 95MPH

Giants just signed someone from Africa that is 6’ 9” 330. He has never played football. Former Giants’s DE Osi, too lazy to look up spelling, is looking to find athletes in Africa and helping them. (Good article on Giants.com)

Collier said Cissokho, who lives with his mother and father in Senegal, has been accepted to high schools in Georgia, Miami and Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia. He said he’s made numerous calls the to the office of Senegal’s embassy in New York, but has gotten no response. “I had called every day at least three times a day for the past six weeks,” Collier said. His new plan is to fly to Senegal on July 14, go to the embassy and make Cissokho’s case for a visa in person. He also will hold a football camp while he is there. If and when Cissokho gets his visa, Collier will bring him and several international prospects on a U.S. college tour in late July with plans of stopping at Penn State, Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M and other places.

MAMADOU CISSOKHO 6' 61/2" 295

NEVER PLAYED - NO INFO OR STATS

"I never played football before," he told Ducks Digest. "I’m currently playing rugby and basketball, but will go to a high school in the USA soon."

The Ducks have offered him as an offensive lineman, but other schools such as the Auburn Tigers, view him more as a defensive lineman.

Having never played American football and with rugby being the more common sport of choice in Western Africa, Cissokho has a limited knowledge of the game. However, you can tell he's ready to dive in head-first and he's anxious to put on some pads.

With Hugh Freeze reportedly going to Auburn, I wonder if SU kicks the tires here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom