Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

So, if Minnesota doesn't offer, he's ours. If they do, does he push his announcement back? or go with Minnie?

No way he picks Minnesota without visiting. So, he either pushes it back if he really connects with their staff or he goes with us. Let's hope it's the latter

I would feel so much better about this recruiting class if Clark chooses to be Orange. DT is such a position of need given our defense. I believe if he commits it really rounds out this class (one more WR would help too).

Does he know that the Chandler brothers came here and are now Pros? Does he know about our most recent DT player turned pro Jay Bromley? You can get to the Pros from SU if that is his ultimate goal.

I really hope he chooses to be Orange on Thursday!

I would feel so much better about this recruiting class if Clark chooses to be Orange. DT is such a position of need given our defense. I believe if he commits it really rounds out this class (one more WR would help too).

Does he know that the Chandler brothers came here and are now Pros? Does he know about our most recent DT player turned pro Jay Bromley? You can get to the Pros from SU if that is his ultimate goal.

I really hope he chooses to be Orange on Thursday!

Yep, he knows about Bromley. I doubt that sways him, though. Coach Daoust, Coach Bullough, and Coach Shafer? They're the "weapons". He really respects those three. A big plus; Coach Daoust reminds Steven of his HS coach, Brad Deaver. Actually, that's a HUGE plus.

bcubs9497 We realize this is a big decision for your family. Were all just a little biased on here about where we think Steven should go but honestly we want him to make the best decision for him. Hope that y'all have a great visit with coach Shafer today.

Yes but truth be told he would be a great fit here at SU and fill a position of great need - and most likely get to play earlier in his career as some of the upperclassman graduate after next year.

But of course you are right as most of us fans here on this Board respect recruits decisions whatever they decide.

Yes but truth be told he would be a great fit here at SU and fill a position of great need - and most likely get to play earlier in his career as some of the upperclassman graduate after next year.

But of course you are right as most of us fans here on this Board respect recruits decisions whatever they decide.

I agree, he would be a great fit. To be honest, though, we've told Steven that his primary concern in choosing a school should be the quality of education he would receive. Playing time is important, as is the potential of playing in the NFL. Syracuse, in my opinion, is the perfect balance.

bcubs9497 said:
Yep, he knows about Bromley. I doubt that sways him, though. Coach Daoust, Coach Bullough, and Coach Shafer? They're the "weapons". He really respects those three. A big plus; Coach Daoust reminds Steven of his HS coach, Brad Deaver. Actually, that's a HUGE plus.

I think this is how it plays out with a lot of kids - and rightly so. Relationships are always underrated - but hugely valuable.

bcubs9497 said:
I agree, he would be a great fit. To be honest, though, we've told Steven that his primary concern in choosing a school should be the quality of education he would receive. Playing time is important, as is the potential of playing in the NFL. Syracuse, in my opinion, is the perfect balance.

Either way the decision goes - you have my respect!

That's great to hear--good luck as your family gears up for the big decision tomorrow!

So, if Minnesota doesn't offer, he's ours. If they do, does he push his announcement back? or go with Minnie?

Minne might very well offer (as they should), and he could still be ours. Love the fact that HCSS is heading down to visit right after the Minne coaches to solidify our interest and hopefully solidify his interest in SU.

The one takeaway from this thread is that if Mr Clark chooses another school it will not be due to anything SU or it's coaches could've done/offered differently. Minnesota is 1,000 miles from home similar to SU so it would have to something they can offer unique from SU or a preference to go elsewhere and stay closer to home.

The one takeaway from this thread is that if Mr Clark chooses another school it will not be due to anything SU or it's coaches could've done/offered differently. Minnesota is 1,000 miles from home similar to SU so it would have to something they can offer unique from SU or a preference to go elsewhere and stay closer to home.
I'll add that we play league games in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida, something Minnesota cannot offer.

If Clark does commit who would have ever thought that someday there could be a chance our 2 starting DT's could be from Alabama in Clark and Harvey.
Add in Samuels and Cross (this year) and that's a nice GA/AL contingent. Agree with your sentiment. I don't recall having anyone on the roster from Alabama as long as I've been watching SU football, going back to the early 80's.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 1m1 minute ago
Syracuse DT target Steven Clark will announce his commitment tomorrow at 2:14 p.m. ET. Choosing between the Orange and South Alabama.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 1m1 minute ago
Clark added that SU head coach Scott Shafer will be paying him an in-home visit tonight.

Well I know where I will be tomorrow at 2:14.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 30s31 seconds ago
Syracuse DT target Steven Clark was not offered by Minnesota today during the staff's visit with him.

Ha! I love these situations. I'd surmise if he reciprocated their interest to a high degree he'd have been offered. Long trip from Minne to Bama to then decide you're not interested in a player.