Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

The way he reacted publically laid the foundation for people coming up with these types of conclusions. I think he realized he jumped the gun and overreacted, but hopefully he has accepted his new role and sticks around.
All he did was express how he felt after being demoted. I don't know a person alive who would not have felt the same way. We say we want honesty, but when people are honest, we are shocked. He never said he wouldn't do his job even though he was hurt. After the emotion subsided, he went ahead and did his job as a professional. Hats off to him for that because many would have done…just what they feared he would do. Don't see enough people giving him credit for that. Let any of us get demoted….and still have to work with the same people that we used to supervise…and they now supervise us. That is a tough deal if we are being honest.

Army will be tough to beat, if that life appeals to him. My son spent a week on campus in their leadership program. If he could have been admitted then, he would have signed up. (The bloom is of that rose now.)
You can almost hear the voices of our country's heroes as you walk the grounds. Most inspiring campus I have seen. Just majestic and grand.

All he did was express how he felt after being demoted. I don't know a person alive who would not have felt the same way. We say we want honesty, but when people are honest, we are shocked. He never said he wouldn't do his job even though he was hurt. After the emotion subsided, he went ahead and did his job as a professional. Hats off to him for that because many would have done…just what they feared he would do. Don't see enough people giving him credit for that. Let any of us get demoted….and still have to work with the same people that we used to supervise…and they now supervise us. That is a tough deal if we are being honest.

Big difference between us and the coaches is that they are in a public role. You don't act like that, ever.

Big difference between us and the coaches is that they are in a public role. You don't act like that, ever.
He's a football coach not a politician. The real question that we should be asking is of Scot Shafer. As a leader, he could and should have handled this in a way that produced the same desired result without the public demotion of a team leader, mid season, which sparked the media to question Mcdonald about how he felt. Shafer could have functionally made all of the changes he did without the public demotion and change of title. Shafer, in my opinion, showed poor management skills by how he handled the situation. It could all have been handled in a way that minimized the impact on recruits by not making any public announcements about title changes until after National Letter of Intent Signing Day.

It could all have been handled in a way that minimized the impact on recruits by not making any public announcements about title changes until after National Letter of Intent Signing Day.
In other words, deceive the recruits?

I think this thread has been hijacked with discussion of McDonald long enough. If you want to continue the discussion take it to the Football forum. This thread is about Steven Clark.
Completely agree! I have no idea why some one would post about that topic in this thread where a recruits parent is posting. Many people on this board aren't very bright so please don't pay attention to them.

Completely agree! I have no idea why some one would post about that topic in this thread where a recruits parent is posting. Many people on this board aren't very bright so please don't pay attention to them.

Honestly.

Steven Clark @SLClark7250 ·
15h 15 hours ago
Syracuse is treating me great gotta lot to think about

Steven Clark
@SLClark7250
· 7h 7 hours ago
Man this night was crazy! I love it up here
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png

I hope that his Mom and Dad loved it too... but then I am a little biased.;)

Don't worry about Army.
Was wondering if you guys got over to see he weight room and facilities. I am wondering what you guys thought of it compared to other visits you have had. Shy though syracuse had better facilities than most of the other schools we had seen.

Bambrewer said:
Was wondering if you guys got over to see he weight room and facilities. I am wondering what you guys thought of it compared to other visits you have had. Shy though syracuse had better facilities than most of the other schools we had seen.

And if they got to see the new indoor practice facility? :)

Army has a nice $15mm practice facility.
Foley-Center-facilities.jpg

SFWFoleyAthleticCenter2.jpg

A lot of the schools we went to I thought had nice weight rooms until I seen cuse. Not many other schools Have the resistance training and speed development cuse hAd. Thought that army one has a ton of stations

A lot of the schools we went to I thought had nice weight rooms until I seen cuse. Not many other schools Have the resistance training and speed development cuse hAd. Thought that army one has a ton of stations
Agreed.

throw us a bone. this was a huge recruiting weekend for the program. any potential commitments from the group? Sheppard is a big home state kid from a perception standpoint and I'm curious to know how the visit went for the Florida kids (Hale, Crawford, St Louis) and the PA kids (Ealey, Sotcker) thnx

I realize this has been an unusually quiet OV group and you guys are interested in info, we all are. But please, give the man a break. I am sure that they have a lot of things to discuss as a family right now in regards to Stevens' visit and potential commitment.