Class of 2015 - DT Ty Cross (GA) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Ty Cross (GA) Signed LOI

is AAA small or medium? half full or half empty?

I'm just saying for a kid that had that many offers, both from ACC and SEC, the school size may be the reason why he's an "unknown" to the recruiting sites, and why very little info is out there on him.

All I could glean from his twitter is that he visited Auburn (and maybe Florida and Alabama) and has only lived in GA for about 1 year (looks like he is originally from Alabama).

amazing speed for someone his size. beyond an ESPN profile that has no recruiting info, I can't find anything on him. Just know that his film looks outstanding.

That is an explosive tape.. Not sure how any ratings platforms can have that kid less than a 3*. Speed and power is the perfect formula for a big ugly in the middle.. Big get..

Last edited:
FYI, seems his football conference is for AAA schools, in a system that goes up to AAAAAA. So, he comes from a small school. May be the reason there is little info on him and why he looks to dominate his competition.
Chapel Hill is classified AAAA. Enrollment is 2133 students. If 2,133 students is only AAAA, wow, there must be some really big high schools in Georgia.

Linkage

Chapel Hill is classified AAAA. Enrollment is 2133 students. If 2,133 students is only AAAA, wow, there must be some really big high schools in Georgia.

Linkage

Yeah Georgia has some BIG high schools. Douglasville is about 20 miles west of mid-town Atlanta.

:D This is a big get making this class better and better. I always felt the staff, this year was going after kids under the radar in some ways. I almost get the feeling they are making great relations with high school coaches and trying to make a point that it is not necessarily about the star system but how good solid kids, inteligence, and drive can be developed into stars. Won't know the answer to this for another 3 years but last years class had names that will contribute in important ways quicker than we may think. This class appears to be a sleeper class that will go down possibly as the class that we build another long run of top twenty teams with the development I am coming to expect from this great coaching staff.

Down here in Georgia we go from 1 A to 6 A for school Size.

Linkage

I saw that, however, if you look at the conference standings, their conference is listed as AAA in 2013. Maybe they're moving up this year.

Linkage

I'm not disparaging the commit, I'm trying to understand the lack of information on a kid that has 15 ACC and SEC offers.

I saw that, however, if you look at the conference standings, their conference is listed as AAA in 2013. Maybe they're moving up this year.

Linkage

I'm not disparaging the commit, I'm trying to understand the lack of information on a kid that has 15 ACC and SEC offers.

I don't think he has 15 ACC and SEC offers, I think he has 15 including some ACC and SEC offers. But in his Scout interview he only mentioned SU, Georgia State, Memphis and UCF.

cross 2.jpg

Does this mean we're bailing out on those two D tackles in Illinois ?

Linkage

Schools tend to move back and forth in Georgia. I went to High School there and we bounced between 2A and 3A (back when it was only 5A) during my 4 years.

From a little free blurb from 24/7...

"Syracuse may have uncovered a hidden gem in 2015 defensive tackle Tyler Cross (Douglasville, Ga./Chapel Hill).
The 6-foot-2, 275-pound prospect committed to the Orange on Wednesday afternoon. He does not have any known offers from other institutions, but Syracuse must have seen something on film that caught their attention. "

cross 1.jpg

I am wondering if it is hard to find much info on him because he moved to GA. The picture I posted that came from berecruited has his info as Chapel Hill HS GA but those pics are Talladega, AL.

Last edited:
From a little free blurb from 24/7...

"Syracuse may have uncovered a hidden gem in 2015 defensive tackle Tyler Cross (Douglasville, Ga./Chapel Hill).
The 6-foot-2, 275-pound prospect committed to the Orange on Wednesday afternoon. He does not have any known offers from other institutions, but Syracuse must have seen something on film that caught their attention. "

2 4 7 ended up giving him a 2 star (.76) rating.

He doesn't look that big in the video. Call me a little skeptical right now.

http://newsandviewsusa.com/chapel-hill-high-school/

"2013 SEASON OUTLOOK:
After making the playoffs for only the third time in the history of Chapel Hill High School, the 2013 Panthers are hungry for more. The Panthers finished the season as the Region 4-AAA runner up and have worked extremely hard in the off-season strength and conditioning program to make a run at the school’s first ever football region championship.
The Panthers will stay with the same offense and defense and will continue to focus on getting better every day, not worrying about what happened yesterday and not being concerned about what will happen tomorrow.
Head Coach Geoff Pastrick has set the expectations high for the 2013 season. If the offense can score points and allow the experience on defense to grow as a unit early in the season it could be an even more exciting time on Chapel Hill Road."