Class of 2018 - DT Tyrone Barber (FL) to USF | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DT Tyrone Barber (FL) to USF

Offers from Alcorn St, Bethune, Liberty, S. Dakota, USF, Iowa St, Marshall, Purdue, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Temple, Toledo, Tulane, Syracuse

This kid looks like the real deal. He looks like he has played against top competition. I wonder what our chances are to flip this kid. It would be a good get for what we need.

On the small side but still lots of room to fill out his frame, good quickness and hands, really good get-off. Lots of technique on display in his highlight, he understands how to play off the linemans first step and he shows the ability to redirect and defeat zone blocks by finding space.

On the small side but still lots of room to fill out his frame, good quickness and hands, really good get-off. Lots of technique on display in his highlight, he understands how to play off the linemans first step and he shows the ability to redirect and defeat zone blocks by finding space.

Not on the small side at all. He's a high school kid. I'd prefer for a DT to be athletic and grow into their frame, rather than be a big, slow guy coming out of high school . He's got a good frame to add weight.

6’4 285 is pretty big. For comparison Slayton was 6’3 260 as a recruit.

6’4 285 is pretty big. For comparison Slayton was 6’3 260 as a recruit.
I didn't see his numbers on his profile, so yes you're absolutely right.

I didn't see his numbers on his profile, so yes you're absolutely right.
At least they are close. Every height and weight are slightly misconstrued for the benefit of the player. Some are correct but most aren't.

His high school played against IMG (loss) and St Thomas Aquinas (win) this season.

I love when we have recruits on incoming flip watch.

iqsUYfkKstdC0.gif

Flip seems like a no-brainer.

Position of need in terms of depth. Think he could potentially redshirt if everyone stays healthy.

I think we're going to see depth become a strength in the next 2-3 years.

Really need to make a bowl game in 2018 to keep momentum rolling.

His high school played against IMG (loss) and St Thomas Aquinas (win) this season.
Venice won the class 7a state title this year. Barber was a big reason why. I don't think the Florida all state teams are out but when they are in a week or so, I bet Barber makes 1st team. He transferred to Venice from Port City for his junior year and the move payed off for him. Here is a preview of Venice before the 2016 season, when Hackett was a senior. It talks about both players...

https://flavarsity./news/venice-indians-2016-preview

I don't know about this one. Hackett hasn't tweeted at him again. He still has his commitment to USF pinned on his twitter page. And he is now following some coaches from Tulane.

I don't know about this one. Hackett hasn't tweeted at him again. He still has his commitment to USF pinned on his twitter page. And he is now following some coaches from Tulane.
Dang. We need a DT this cycle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom