Living Legend
Here's my list of teams that make me the happiest when the Orange win:

1. Duke
2. Louisville
3. Georgetown
4. U-Conn
5. UNC
6. Pitt

3-6 are a toss up for me. I've never liked Duke and that was before Syracuse joined the ACC. I even like it when other teams beat Duke! I just don't like Duke. I think their fan base has no class and they certainly have no sportsmanship. The only thing close to having less class than Duke fans is Pitino. The Georgetown rivalry is getting old for me. It's just not the same rivalry without the original big John.

Curious why you think duke fans are like that as I've never thought they were better or worse than the average fan. .. unless you count their T shirt fans who couldn't tell you where Durham was. B oneyarders are still worse. IMO.

The Georgetown rivalry is just this thing forced on the test of the country by ESPN. It's not 1989 and JT isn't coach.

The common denominator is that they are all good teams with whom we have a history. Of course it feels good to beat them. It means we played really well. It feels even better not to lose to them. We don't have much of a history with UNC yet, but I am expecting that to heat up. Also, I've really enjoyed beating Indiana the last two years.

Another question might be what lesser teams do you enjoy beating. I never tire of beating BC and all their unmerited arrogance.

It is Georgetown, Georgetown and Georgetown. After that,it is UConn and Louisville.

I want to beat Georgetown, UConn and Louisville because I hate them. I love beating them and I relish them losing as much as I love winning.

I want to beat Duke because they are a good team, and I love beating good teams. Dont have the real hatred that I have against Georgetown, UConn and Louisville.

Curious why you think duke fans are like that as I've never thought they were better or worse than the average fan. .. unless you count their T shirt fans who couldn't tell you where Durham was. B oneyarders are still worse. IMO.

The Georgetown rivalry is just this thing forced on the test of the country by ESPN. It's not 1989 and JT isn't coach.

I don't like the way they spit on the opposing team's players sitting on the bench 3 feet away from the stands. That and the home town refereeing always seems obscenely in their favor.

It is Georgetown, Georgetown and Georgetown. After that,it is UConn and Louisville.

I want to beat Georgetown, UConn and Louisville because I hate them. I love beating them and I relish them losing as much as I love winning.

I want to beat Duke because they are a good team, and I love beating good teams. Dont have the real hatred that I have against Georgetown, UConn and Louisville.

I was working in Jersey City five years ago when the Orange had a chance to play UNC in NCAA tournament. But the Orange lost before they got there. There was a UNC guy in the office talking smack the whole time. I wasn't talking smack. But one of my coworkers had a bet the Orange would beat them and was talking smack the whole time. I think he jinxed us. This is why I never talk smack. I'm sick of eating humble pie!

I was working in Jersey City five years ago when the Orange had a chance to play UNC in NCAA tournament. But the Orange lost before they got there. There was a UNC guy in the office talking smack the whole time. I wasn't talking smack. But one of my coworkers had a bet the Orange would beat them and was talking smack the whole time. I think he jinxed us. This is why I never talk smack. I'm sick of eating humble pie!

What's the record for using the phrase "talking smack" in one post? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom