Duke | Syracusefan.com

Duke

durhamcuse

Walk On
What can I do to remedy that icky feeling I have right now rooting for Duke? I want our SOS to improve, and I might just hate State even more than Duke.

Go Cuse!

Dook got a nice bailout from the officials today. Shot free throws every time a State player breathed on them during the second half. Bogged the game down and made it a snooze-fest.

Dook got a nice bailout from the officials today. Shot free throws every time a State player breathed on them during the second half. Bogged the game down and made it a snooze-fest.

That was bad.

What can I do to remedy that icky feeling I have right now rooting for Duke? I want our SOS to improve, and I might just hate State even more than Duke.

Go Cuse!

Duke winning or losing has no impact on our SOS at this point. In fact from a purely SOS perspective, it is better for them to lose when they face teams we have twice on our ACC schedule.

If Duke loses, all it does is create a Win for another ACC opponent we play. So the SOS all evens out. This is why Conference RPI is so important in November and December, because that drives SOS going forward.

Now, one could argue that keeping Duke winning is important as it makes our road win look better. I am not too worried about that. As long as they in the top 50 RPI it's a quality road win.

The real "I need to take a shower after this" is that we should all be rooting for UConn. They are currently around 50 RPI. A top 50 RPI finish would give us another top 50 win. This could be key as we are currently 4-4 against the top 50. However, the Bonnies are currently listed at 45 RPI but one would expect them to drop out of the top 50 due to their SOS the rest of the way.

So if one really wants to root for our RPI.... Go Huskies ugggghhh.

I will end this post here as I desperately need a shower after typing that!

Go Cuse!

I'd rather root for U-CONN or Georgetown. Sorry, rooting for Duke just isn't going to happen for me.

Go Cuse!

Don't we want to pass them in the standings? If we can do that, nothing else matters, and it is yet another, good, rational reason to direct hate their way with tangible benefits!

I'd rather root for U-CONN or Georgetown. Sorry, rooting for Duke just isn't going to happen for me.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite. I like K, don't hate Duke, but those other two? I'd rather suck up a pound of crushed glass through a straw than cheer for either of them ... and you could add Pitt to that list, also. :eek:

The real "I need to take a shower after this" is that we should all be rooting for UConn. They are currently around 50 RPI. A top 50 RPI finish would give us another top 50 win. This could be key as we are currently 4-4 against the top 50. However, the Bonnies are currently listed at 45 RPI but one would expect them to drop out of the top 50 due to their SOS the rest of the way.

So if one really wants to root for our RPI... Go Huskies ugggghhh.

I will end this post here as I desperately need a shower after typing that!

So many moving parts, with enough positives for us, that I am certainly not cheering for UConn at this point -- I hope they have some slip ups and just miss the tourney. As long as they are on the bubble, the game against them will have value to the committee. And if they just miss, it creates an open spot.

My biggest worry for the AAC is that it becomes a bubble buster league that gets 3 invites. They have many NIT level (near NIT level) teams in Temple, Tulsa, Memphis, Houston. Solid teams that are not sniffing the tourney as of yet... but certainly capable of winning the conference tournament when the big teams are only UConn and Cincy.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite. I like K, don't hate Duke, but those other two? I'd rather suck up a pound of crushed glass through a straw than cheer for either of them ... and you could add Pitt to that list, also. :eek:

I know JB likes K and his family a lot. But sorry, Duke has been my favorite team to lose for many years.

Go Cuse!

And Uconn too, at least we didn't beat Gtown, that would be really dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom