Duke's Zone | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Zone

Col. Bleep

All American
Congrats to K.
1,000th win at MSG and a great comeback.

But I hope that play that zone against us.
Their 2-3 is not very good.

ok so somebody told me last week their man wasn't good. (see miami). and now i hear their zone sucks. 17-2 people.

ok so somebody told me last week their man wasn't good. (see miami). and now i hear their zone sucks. 17-2 people.
They have a top 10 offense, that will cover up there bad defense against a lot of good teams. When it comes down to it though, I think experienced and well coached teams will mess with Duke all year.

They have a top 10 offense, that will cover up there bad defense against a lot of good teams. When it comes down to it though, I think experienced and well coached teams will mess with Duke all year.
well that rules us out

well that rules us out
I think our D is good enough to keep us in the game, but unfortunately with no depth and an inconsistent offense I just don't think we can pull the upset.

Their defense isn't very good. Okafor gets totally lost in M2M when teams take him away from the basket...not sure how we exploit that though, with Rak being our primary scorer

Their defense isn't very good. Okafor gets totally lost in M2M when teams take him away from the basket...not sure how we exploit that though, with Rak being our primary scorer
It would have to be in a pick and roll scenario. The best look would be with a two man game with G handling the ball and attacking the rim with Rak on the roll.

In the current incarnation of college hoops, you play great o and OK d, you win a lot

All I know is what I saw.
SJU easily driving into the lane and no pressure from the top of Duke's zone.
Back of zone doesn't cover much ground.
I will say they did an excellent job on the glass...especially with Plumlee.

They won pretty decisively at Wisconsin, which is pretty hard to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom