Dungey a rising star per Athlon | Syracusefan.com

Dungey a rising star per Athlon

kid has tha talent to be an all acc in my opinion. I really think the stars have aligned for the program w him and babers

If ED stays healthy for the next 3 years, he is going to be a drafted in the first 2 rounds. He doesn't even need excellent wr and/or oline play. If he can just stay on tbe field, watch out. This kid has the moxy, smarts, size, arm, coachability , and body type to make an impact on Sundays. God bless lester for finding him and bringing him to SU , and it will be Dino and company that throw him over the top and get him paid!...very well:)

God bless lester for finding him and bringing him to SU , and it will be Dino and company that throw him over the top and get him paid!...very well:)
I'm sure that ED will remember, and continually thank, the one that brought him to The Hill.

On the whole, FHCSS had a very likable staff... it's too bad that they couldn't get some more Ws.

#OrangeIsTheNewFast

I'm sure that ED will remember, and continually thank, the one that brought him to The Hill.

On the whole, FHCSS had a very likable staff... it's too bad that they couldn't get some more Ws.

#OrangeIsTheNewFast
Completely agree, shaf and staff were young and engaging for the most part. Unfortunately, this was the first major gig for most of them and in the end they were in over their heads. The story of lester going through 300+ qb films and finding ED is pretty cool. The kid is an A+ individual.

If ED stays healthy for the next 3 years, he is going to be a drafted in the first 2 rounds. He doesn't even need excellent wr and/or oline play. If he can just stay on tbe field, watch out. This kid has the moxy, smarts, size, arm, coachability , and body type to make an impact on Sundays. God bless lester for finding him and bringing him to SU , and it will be Dino and company that throw him over the top and get him paid!...very well:)
wow

wow

Yup, wow. If he stays healthy what does Wentz have on ED? Wentz and Goff hit gold in this draft. Its all relative, the top 2 qbs go to the top of the draft, no questions asked. That said, Nassib is a second rounder in this draft. If you dont think ED develops to at least the talent Wentz is, you arent paying attention. He has already done it against better talent on a bigger stage. Its all relative to what the qb talent is come ED's junior and senior year.

Yup, wow. If he stays healthy what does Wentz have on ED? Wentz and Goff hit gold in this draft. Its all relative, the top 2 qbs go to the top of the draft, no questions asked. That said, Nassib is a second rounder in this draft. If you dont think ED develops to at least the talent Wentz is, you arent paying attention. He has already done it against better talent on a bigger stage. Its all relative to what the qb talent is come ED's junior and senior year.
I love your enthusiasm but remember Andrew Robinson's freshman year under Gerg? Everyone thought he was the savior too. Let's see if Dungey can stay healthy and continue his limited success over a full season before we start comparing him to a first/second round draft pick.

I love your enthusiasm but remember Andrew Robinson's freshman year under Gerg? Everyone thought he was the savior too. Let's see if Dungey can stay healthy and continue his limited success over a full season before we start comparing him to a first/second round draft pick.

He was stuck under gerg though. Im not sure peyton manning couldve overcome that.

jgeorge322 said:
He was stuck under gerg though. Im not sure peyton manning couldve overcome that.

Plus he couldn't throw a spiral.

Really? Didn't help that he was ruined his sophomore year, he took an absolute beating, the damn bunny hop. I don't think Dungey has the arm strength for the next level but he has a world of more potential to be a much much better QB at the college level than ARob, Athleticism alone is at a different level and separates the two.

there's really not much comparison between their numbers at all. robinson was a sophomore with williams and smith and dungey was still far better

I think we all agree dungey passes the eye test. going to be fun to see how good he can get in babers system. I predict he will break records.

IthacaBarrel said:
Really? Didn't help that he was ruined his sophomore year, he took an absolute beating, the damn bunny hop. I don't think Dungey has the arm strength for the next level but he has a world of more potential to be a much much better QB at the college level than ARob, Athleticism alone is at a different level and separates the two.

I'd disagree about arm strength a bit. That play last year where he escaped the Wake Forest rush and flicked his wrist to Estime for 40 yards was impressive.

I do think some of his passes lack zip - but usually those are the ones where he's trying to be super-accurate and drop something in. It will be interesting to see if Lewis/Babers fix that.

In short - I don't think it's arm strength, I think it's being accurate with zip. And I think that can be taught.

there's really not much comparison between their numbers at all. robinson was a sophomore with williams and smith and dungey was still far better
I'm not saying I don't think Dungey doesn't have the potential. I'm just saying that people jump to conclusions too fast here.

I'd disagree about arm strength a bit. That play last year where he escaped the Wake Forest rush and flicked his wrist to Estime for 40 yards was impressive.

I do think some of his passes lack zip - but usually those are the ones where he's trying to be super-accurate and drop something in. It will be interesting to see if Lewis/Babers fix that.

In short - I don't think it's arm strength, I think it's being accurate with zip. And I think that can be taught.
He did the same thing in the Spring game. Kid is a playmaker. He just needs to stay on the field .. and the league should be much tougher on defensive head-hunters. Some of the hits on that kid last year were criminal.

Plus he couldn't throw a spiral.
Peyton had trouble doing that as well...he was a great QB but he threw a lot of ducks.

And there is the bunny hop and the pistol...

And there is the bunny hop and the pistol...
thank god we have a coach who is comfortable copying someone good instead of going all in on unproven moonshots

babers has the humility to just do what works, doesn't care if he's not seen as some outlier innovator

it's really a shame what they did to robinson

thank god we have a coach who is comfortable copying someone good instead of going all in on unproven moonshots

babers has the humility to just do what works, doesn't care if he's not seen as some outlier innovator

it's really a shame what they did to robinson

Whoa whoa what?! Cmon now gotta give credit where it's due. Gerg was indeed a trendsetter, a trail blazer...I mean who else has the genious or brass balls to punt on 3rd down?!