Dungey and the illegal motion penalties | Syracusefan.com

Dungey and the illegal motion penalties

florange44

Scout Team
There was at least 2 instances where we were called for illegal motion where Dungey called for the snap too soon. I can't figure out why he would walk right into those penalties. No excuse for those penalties as this team can not afford to be behind the chains. The only explanation I have is that he was fatigued and his decision making was flawed. Do any of you have an explanation?

Florange44

They'll fix that stuff. Frustrating but easily correctable.

Wasnt of them was because Estime was looking at the line judge asking if he was on the line?

He needs to make sure the players are ready but the WR should never not been in the proper spot to start. 2 guys shouldnt be arguing over who is supposed to be stepping forward. And false starts on the center dont help either

He needs to make sure the players are ready but the WR should never not been in the proper spot to start. 2 guys shouldnt be arguing over who is supposed to be stepping forward. And false starts on the center dont help either

He does, but the receivers need to know where to lineup also.

i'll i'm going to say, and i'm not trying to start a fight...is that dungey went straight up tunnel vision after he got the hit to the head. i'm not sure if he was perceptive enough to realize that the receivers were not set.

i'll i'm going to say, and i'm not trying to start a fight...is that dungey went straight up tunnel vision after he got the hit to the head. i'm not sure if he was perceptive enough to realize that the receivers were not set.

Sure its possible, I have had concussions before, and didn't even know I was in a football game.

It think it was after the second time the penalty was called you see Dungey patting his chest indicating my fault but then they showed a shot of Babers yelling at him to Calm Down. I'll go with young kid on a big stage nerves.

It think it was after the second time the penalty was called you see Dungey patting his chest indicating my fault but then they showed a shot of Babers yelling at him to Calm Down. I'll go with young kid on a big stage nerves.
I'm pretty sure that on the first penalty D Butler was lined-up in the shotgun. I believe that was the trick play HCDB referenced in his presser.

WR's almost always check with the line judge to make sure they are not lining up off sides and yes, one of them was from that.

no the issue was 2 fold. they lined up in the wrong position, then the 2 of them looked at each other and one decided he should be up then he moved , the ref said he needed to move more and then as he was the ball was snapped. had they started in the right position they would have plenty of time to get on the line.

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom