Dungey on Jim Rome Show Interview Summary | Syracusefan.com

Dungey on Jim Rome Show Interview Summary

I think I missed the original airing of Dungey in Jim Rome. Anyone know another way I can listen to the interview?

Jim Rome raved about how good Syracuse is doing right now. Top 15.

On team falling behind 10-0 and having not won in November in a long time:
-wake was going all out on the past so they decided to go with the run which is a big change from years past and we relied on the run.

Years past we relied on the pass but now we have versatile backs and a great O Line that mesh well together which is giving us a lot of success to balance both run and pass.

Proud of senior class and that they have gone through so much but means a lot to be ranked now. Focused on Louisville. Lot of good young guys in our program now so its changing around here.

Dino brings out the best in Dungey and in the guys. Players starting to buy into the process.

On atmosphere in locker rooms after big win:
- its all fun and funny. hes got so much energy.

On hearing his name with mcnabb and graves:
- huge honor. Mcnabb was one of dungeys idols.

On loving wakeboarding:
- only picked it up 2-3 years ago. lot of fun and relaxing

On jumping cliffs:
- loved to do over the summer. Was the youngest of 3 but it made him competitive fighting with his brother and sister.

on what he wants people to remember about this senior class:
focused on bringing success to the program. when he was recruited by cuse, he didn't know they had a football team. now it feels good to get them on the map.

Couple of weird contradictions in there, but I assume he was super nervous. I know I would be.

Jim Rome raved about how good Syracuse is doing right now. Top 15.

On team falling behind 10-0 and having not won in November in a long time:
-wake was going all out on the past so they decided to go with the run which is a big change from years past and we relied on the run.

Years past we relied on the pass but now we have versatile backs and a great O Line that mesh well together which is giving us a lot of success to balance both run and pass.

Proud of senior class and that they have gone through so much but means a lot to be ranked now. Focused on Louisville. Lot of good young guys in our program now so its changing around here.

Dino brings out the best in Dungey and in the guys. Players starting to buy into the process.

On atmosphere in locker rooms after big win:
- its all fun and funny. hes got so much energy.

On hearing his name with mcnabb and graves:
- huge honor. Mcnabb was one of dungeys idols.

On loving wakeboarding:
- only picked it up 2-3 years ago. lot of fun and relaxing

On jumping cliffs:
- loved to do over the summer. Was the youngest of 3 but it made him competitive fighting with his brother and sister.

on what he wants people to remember about this senior class:
focused on bringing success to the program. when he was recruited by cuse, he didn't know they had a football team. now it feels good to get them on the map.

Thanks for the recap. You saved so many from having to listen to Jim Rome

Have to admit im one of Dungey's biggest supporters, yet im annoyed as hell with the comment about not knowing Syracuse had a college football team. Did NCAA football getting dropped from ps4 and xbox really take away that much basic football knowledge from younger kids? I used to know almost every city and mascot of every D1 school lol. I guess im weird.

Have to admit im one of Dungey's biggest supporters, yet im annoyed as hell with the comment about not knowing Syracuse had a college football team. Did NCAA football getting dropped from ps4 and xbox really take away that much basic football knowledge from younger kids? I used to know almost every city and mascot of every D1 school lol. I guess im weird.

You're "annoyed as hell" a west coast kid had no idea Syracuse had a football team. :confused:

You're "annoyed as hell" a west coast kid had no idea Syracuse had a football team. :confused:
Yes. Why is that hard to understand? I knew about every west coast team growing up in Syracuse.

Its about the knowledge of the game in general. Not just of him, of kids in general. I grew up knowing history of all sports. Even tennis, and i freaking hate tennis. Once again, maybe im weird.

Yes. Why is that hard to understand? I knew about every west coast team growing up in Syracuse.

It's just hard for me to understand that out of the whole interview that's what you got the most out of it. It's a little strange but strange it bothers the hell out of someone. If he didn't know, he didn't know. Is what it is.

Its about the knowledge of the game in general. Not just of him, of kids in general. I grew up knowing history of all sports. Even tennis, and i freaking hate tennis. Once again, maybe im weird.

You're not weird, that's just what you know and were interested in knowing. What does it matter if some kids have other interests.

It's just hard for me to understand that out of the whole interview that's what you got the most out of it. It's a little strange but strange it bothers the hell out of someone. If he didn't know, he didn't know. Is what it is.
At what point did i say that's the most I got out of it? Have you been playing the jumping to conclusions game again?

At what point did i say that's the most I got out of it? Have you been playing the jumping to conclusions game again?

Fair inference on my part. It’s the part you specifically responded to of all possible things and said, “annoyed as hell”. Not sure it wasn’t a logical conclusion.

Fair inference on my part. It’s the part you specifically responded to of all possible things and said, “annoyed as hell”. Not sure it wasn’t a logical conclusion.
The fact that Dungey was spotlighted on any ESPN program is great for the program. Once again, I've been all in on Dungey since i saw his recruiting tapes from before he came here. Absolutely love the kid.

Dungey has been the model student, a warrior, the heart and soul of this team. Thank you for all that you have done!

A finance or accounting major. Can’t remember which.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom