Dungey was magnificent | Syracusefan.com

Dungey was magnificent

Better pass protection down the stretch as those scary blindside hits stopped happening, and he also seemed to scramble more effectively the last few drives. Kept his head up and found receivers a few times, and had some huge first down runs.

They brought Conway in and the pass rush was almost negated

Better pass protection down the stretch as those scary blindside hits stopped happening, and he also seemed to scramble more effectively the last few drives. Kept his head up and found receivers a few times, and had some huge first down runs.

He did a great job avoiding sacks on a few plays, on a few I thought for sure he was going to get sacked and was able to get 4 or 5 yards.

He plays hard no matter how badly he is hurting. Sometimes he puts his head down and runs too much but you can never question his effort. He played a great game and only made a few errors. This win has me ecstatic and I'm honestly really happy for him as well. He has taken a beating the last two years. I absolutely love watching him play!

GO CUUUUSE

311 yards passing, 106 yards rushing. Does anyone know off the top of their head if a Syracuse quarterback has ever had a 300/100 game?

Dungey is the 1st. Just confirmed on the radio.

Sophomore quarterback Eric Dungey was 28-for-53 passing for 311 yards and a touchdown. Dungey also carried the ball 24 times for 106 yards and a score. He became the first player in program history to throw for 300 yards and run for 100 yards in single game. -

Dungey became the ninth Orange signal-caller to throw for at least 2,000 yards in a single season. In addition, Dungey eclipsed the 300-yard passing mark for the fifth time in 2016.

Last edited:
He played great. Scares the hell out of me tho with all the hits he takes. Not even just bc he's our quarterback and we need him, but I don't want the kid getting genuinely hurt.

Tough, tough kid.
There were a couple of times I thought he was going to anoint the dome carpet a la McNabb.

considering we have only had 33 , 300 yd games passing, it was pretty good chance it hadnt had it done. in fact we have only had 4 games where we threw for 300 and ran for 100, let alone one person.

one other thing we have had a 300/100/100 twice this season after doing it twice in program history.

Dungey is tough. However, I cringed every time he ran the ball. When he went down I thought that that was it, game over. He is the MAN!!
avatar_aliens_game_over_FNcXMhyS.sized_-376x330.jpg

Gutsy kid. We needed every one of those rushing yards to earn that win, too.

But like others, I cringe every time he takes a hit. He's tough.

Tough kid...competitive but still HAS to learn to keep his head up and look for open receivers when he scrambles and find a way to stay more centered in the field. That said...the wr's have to keep working better to get open and not glide and Dungey did the throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking a couple of sacks which is progress as well.

receivers need to learn to come back to him on a broken play. too often I saw the receivers stop and dungey was left with no option other than to run.

Dungey is tough. However, I cringed every time he ran the ball. When he went down I thought that that was it, game over. He is the MAN!!

The way his leg bent I thought he was done for the year. Just assumed a tear. Was shocked when he came in.

No sliding . You get blasted and smash your brain on the turf. If anything dive forward

Nassib was a consummate slider with no bad consequences, as I recall. I wish Eric would check out some videos of Ryan's mastery of The Slide...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom