Dungey's long run was inspiring | Syracusefan.com

Dungey's long run was inspiring

Millhouse

Living Legend
He had his first down here could've just jogged out but he thought he could outrun the national champions. And he almost did. Babers my be proud of talking belief without evidence because that was it. Strickland, everyone in defense. Just great. Which play is the signature play?

Eric Dungey...toughest SOB on this team

In a game last season (can't remember which one) Dungey got his leg twisted up & it looked bad. He came out for a couple of plays & when he came back in it seemed he was favoring that leg. We saw him after the game (we park at Manley) and I asked how the knee was. He said - "I'm fine. I took a couple of advil and it's fine. I was really irritated more than anything." So now that's our go to line if he looks hurt - just give him a couple of advil & he'll be fine!

He had his first down here could've just jogged out but he thought he could outrun the national champions. And he almost did. Babers my be proud of talking belief without evidence because that was it. Strickland, everyone in defense. Just great. Which play is the signature play?

It was a great run and yes an inspiring run.

I thought for a moment that he was gone.

What a great player.

We were kind of sputtering at that point to start second half. We had a gotten a 1st down on first series but punted immediately after and seemed as if the team (possibly even Dungey himself) didn't know how his health was. Then he busts that run and boom...Uncle Mo...and was a major confidence boost to the team as well as energy boost to the crowd. Big time play

Honestly I think the Robinson sack was the signature play ... hell 5 years ago or even less the whole board had the mindset of lets not play some starters against these heavy weights for fear of injury ... now Cuse is the team administering the pain. Robinson ended Browne's season last week and Slayton KOed Kelly this week while Robinson once again delivered his signature "rock bottom" to another opposing QB. These guys are bringing the lumber unlike I've seen in quite sometime and refuse to be pushed around ... very physical and it is showing in body count. We are almost bringing an SEC like attitude on defense at times .. love it.

Honestly I think the Robinson sack was the signature play ... hell 5 years ago or even less the whole board had the mindset of lets not play some starters against these heavy weights for fear of injury ... now Cuse is the team administering the pain. Robinson ended Browne's season last week and Slayton KOed Kelly this week while Robinson once again delivered his signature "rock bottom" to another opposing QB. These guys are bringing the lumber unlike I've seen in quite sometime and refuse to be pushed around ... very physical and it is showing in body count. We are almost bringing an ACC like attitude on defense at times .. love it.

Fixed

When he threw his shoe in the end zone and was like fudge it, imma get this 1st down barefoot... I looked at my wife and I was like "dude's a warrior"

Fun fact, you get an equipment timeout for that if you notify the ref.

Dungey is also 12th in the NCAA in rushing TD's and 74th in rushing yards...

They tell me he can throw a little too...

Sheesh, this offense can put up stupid #'s.
Yeah just little Dabo told his Defensive scout team.

hell 5 years ago or even less the whole board had the mindset of lets not play some starters against these heavy weights for fear of injury ...
Many here didn't want to Dungey out there vs Clemson just last year & then considered that opinion validated when he got injured. So glad that everyone's now on board with playing big boy football.

Honestly I think the Robinson sack was the signature play ... hell 5 years ago or even less the whole board had the mindset of lets not play some starters against these heavy weights for fear of injury ... now Cuse is the team administering the pain. Robinson ended Browne's season last week and Slayton KOed Kelly this week while Robinson once again delivered his signature "rock bottom" to another opposing QB. These guys are bringing the lumber unlike I've seen in quite sometime and refuse to be pushed around ... very physical and it is showing in body count. We are almost bringing an SEC like attitude on defense at times .. love it.

Alton Robinson has to be the best addition to this team.

He is a budding star.

And to think that he arrived on campus either right before or during summer camp.

Amazing pick up - love the guy!

Last edited:
Dungey is also 12th in the NCAA in rushing TD's and 74th in rushing yards...

They tell me he can throw a little too...

Sheesh, this offense can put up stupid #'s.

If Eric can stay healthy for the full season and this team can qualify for a Bowl, expect a little Dungey for Heisman marketing in 2018.

Even if it is a stretch, it would be baller for the program.

Ish had a couple amazing catches in this game. His improvement is amazing to me, he is dependable and tough to defend. Wondered whether he had it in him prior to this year but if he keeps showing up like this I'd say he is one of the keys to our season.

If Eric can stay healthy for the full season and this team can qualify for a Bowl, expect a little Dungey for Heisman marketing in 2018.

Even if it is a stretch, it would be baller for the program.

With his past issues with injuries and concussions, i wonder if he finishes strong whether he'd think about going into the NFL draft after this season. Hopefully he wants to get his degree because he's a good student majoring in accounting. But I can see him considering leaving early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom