Durant to sit tonight Melo wins scoring title! | Syracusefan.com

Durant to sit tonight Melo wins scoring title!

Classy move by Durant and Brooks in my opinion. He could have easily put him out there to try and help get him 70 to get the title. Shows a lot of respect for Melo who has had a great run down the stretch and deserved it.

It's nice that Melo passed him during the winning streak as well. They solidified the 2 seed and Melo did it within the context of true competition.

Congrats to Melo. Wouldn't be surprised to see these guys trade scoring titles the next five years.

you knew it all along, you were just trying to steal his thunder and get a bunch of tees. damn you!
Nah, but that's crazy enough to work!
Note to self. When in doubt, listen to CorduroyG.

Nah, but that's crazy enough to work!
Note to self. When in doubt, listen to CorduroyG.

do you ever just get down on your knees and thank god that you know me and have access to my dementia?

Melo played what, about 15 games less than him??

thats 15 games he couldnt have scored 9 and then quit.....and walked off the court, thus losing the scoring title.

congrats on the hollow W.

now go win a couple of playoff series you soft basterd.:mad:
:eek:

Oh Lord

Melo played what, about 15 games less than him??

thats 15 games he couldnt have scored 9 and then quit.....and walked off the court, thus losing the scoring title.

congrats on the hollow W.

now go win a couple of playoff series you soft basterd.:mad:
:eek:

Oh Lord

I think you are joking but...:noidea:

Even if he had played, Durant would have had to score 70. It was already in the bag.

It's nice that Melo passed him during the winning streak as well. They solidified the 2 seed and Melo did it within the context of true competition.

Congrats to Melo. Wouldn't be surprised to see these guys trade scoring titles the next five years.

It's also nice that during that win streak to pass him, they played each other and he out played him in that game. 'Melo deserved it by far.

It's also nice that during that win streak to pass him, they played each other and he out played him in that game. 'Melo deserved it by far.

On the road against the refs as well. OKC got every call in that game. Durrant was not allowed to be touched yet Melo barely shot FT's until late in the forth quarter and they were wrestling him off his spots, and bumping him on his way to the hoop all game. Give Melo Durrant's whistle and he becomes even more ungardable. Durrant because he is known as a shooter and has a slight build seems to get every call.

I love Melo and I am extremely happy for him, but I would much rather have a guy average 28.1 ppg taking 17.7 shots per game and shooting 51% from the field than average 28.7 ppg taking 22.2 shots per game and shooting 45% from the field.

I love Melo and I am extremely happy for him, but I would much rather have a guy average 28.1 ppg taking 17.7 shots per game and shooting 51% from the field than average 28.7 ppg taking 22.2 shots per game and shooting 45% from the field.

I tend to be biased toward guys that helped SU win a national championship. :D

If Melo had the same whistle that Durrant gets I really don't think you would see much of a difference efficiency wise. Many of Melo's misses are going to the hoop with contact that would be a not shot and 2 freebee's for Durrant. Durrant is a better jump shooter but Melo has closed the gap a bit there IMO.

I tend to be biased toward guys that helped SU win a national championship. :D

If Melo had the same whistle that Durrant gets I really don't think you would see much of a difference efficiency wise. Many of Melo's misses are going to the hoop with contact that would be a not shot and 2 freebee's for Durrant. Durrant is a better jump shooter but Melo has closed the gap a bit there IMO.

I dunno, Durant was 50-40-90 this year. Melo has never really been close to any of those before. (He did shoot 39% in 2008). Durant 65% true shooting, Melo 56%. More FT would close the gap, but not gonna get you to make up that kind of a gap.

Put another way; Melo has a 56% true shooting, Durant had a 55.9% EFG. So if Durant didn't take a foul shot the entire year, he would have essentially the same efficiency as Melo.

Even if he had played, Durant would have had to score 70. It was already in the bag.
The team makes an effort a guy like Durant can score 70 in any game. Look up the George Gervin vs David Thompson last day scoring war from the early 80's

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

The team makes an effort a guy like Durant can score 70 in any game. Look up the George Gervin vs David Thompson last day scoring war from the early 80's

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, and one year David Robinson scored 71 in the last game to win the scoring title over Shaq.

I might be wrong , but I do think Durant has a better supporting cast of players than Melo . Which leaves Durant more open shots .

I might be wrong , but I do think Durant has a better supporting cast of players than Melo . Which leaves Durant more open shots .

He does, but its not ridiculous. Westbrook is great, but after that they have a lot of role players.

Durant's efficiency is so much better than Melo's that I think it's just a reflection of the fact that he is a more efficient player. Would he be 10% points better of True shooting if both were in the same situation? Doubtful, but I'm pretty sure he'd still be comfortably ahead

He does, and that's true. But he's also got a PG who takes more shots than he does, so it evens out a bit.

Not that Westbrooks not a great player, but if Durant had a good pass first type of PG, he'd probably get 35 ppg on the same percentages.

There's no shame in not being quite as good as Durant, I think you can make an argument that Melo is the 3rd best player right now though. Certainly top 5 this year, hopefully he makes first team all NBA.

He does, but its not ridiculous. Westbrook is great, but after that they have a lot of role players.

Durant's efficiency is so much better than Melo's that I think it's just a reflection of the fact that he is a more efficient player. Would he be 10% points better of True shooting if both were in the same situation? Doubtful, but I'm pretty sure he'd still be comfortably ahead
Lets go back a year and Durant had Hardin . If Hardin was here this year , no way Durant is even close to a scorering title .

He does, and that's true. But he's also got a PG who takes more shots than he does, so it evens out a bit.

Not that Westbrooks not a great player, but if Durant had a good pass first type of PG, he'd probably get 35 ppg on the same percentages.

There's no shame in not being quite as good as Durant, I think you can make an argument that Melo is the 3rd best player right now though. Certainly top 5 this year, hopefully he makes first team all NBA.
I wish the Knicks had a great point guard .

Lets go back a year and Durant had Hardin . If Hardin was here this year , no way Durant is even close to a scorering title .

I'm not sure i follow. Durant won 3 scoring titles playing with Harden, then the year he was gone, Durant doesn't win the scoring title. Durant took fewer shots per minute this year, without Harden, than he did with Harden.