Dyno Babers | Syracusefan.com

Dyno Babers

I was out of town so recorded and watched the game when I got home. Sideline reporter called our head coach Dyno Babers. Come on people. At least pretend you did your homework.

It’s honestly sad how little the media cares about Cuse

Especially when we have such a great communications school

Garrett is 4th in QBR and the ACC media has no clue. Even the guys on ACC morning show didn't know. Other than Gadsden being out, they don't have a clue about SU.

They'd all be learning it right now if Clemson didn't repeatedly fumble the ball inside the 5 against Duke.

But, because they did, it's Duke's year for the attention.

Even if we win Saturday, people will just say oh Clemson sucks this year.

I was out of town so recorded and watched the game when I got home. Sideline reporter called our head coach Dyno Babers. Come on people. At least pretend you did your homework.
Folks, let me just say, Live TV ain't so easy. Is that a gaffe? Yes. Absolutely. It sure was.
But I am certain she knows our HC's first name and how to pronounce it.
Lotta glass houses around here.

Folks, let me just say, Live TV ain't so easy. Is that a gaffe? Yes. Absolutely. It sure was.

Don’t disagree but……

When the media acts like Cuse doesn’t exist…….

One of my pet peeves for a long time has been how little attention gets paid to any teams outside the 5-6 Championship contenders. I've listened to SiriusXM College Sports Radio for over a decade. It's literally 12 hours a day of covering the same 10-12 teams. It's not just Syracuse disrespect...no teams outside OSU, UM, ND, ALA, UGA, FSU, CLEM get any real in-depth coverage. Maybe occasionally, for a change of pace, there will be some discussion of PSU, TX, or OK. Sprinkle in some USC/ORE for a little west coast flavor. Thats it. That's college football coverage in its entirety.

It's such a great sport, with so many great storylines and teams that are still pretty good even if they won't win a natty. But out of 133 teams playing FBS football, you will never hear any real analysis of any outside those 12. Even the conferences' own networks don't deviate much from those 12. Mark Richt can probably name everyone on Clemson's 2-deep, but I'll bet he doesn't know who our starting QB is without a cue card. I'm hopeful that expanding the playoff will force better coverage of some of the fringe playoff teams, but that's probably a tall ask.

One of my pet peeves for a long time has been how little attention gets paid to any teams outside the 5-6 Championship contenders. I've listened to SiriusXM College Sports Radio for over a decade. It's literally 12 hours a day of covering the same 10-12 teams. It's not just Syracuse disrespect...no teams outside OSU, UM, ND, ALA, UGA, FSU, CLEM get any real in-depth coverage. Maybe occasionally, for a change of pace, there will be some discussion of PSU, TX, or OK. Sprinkle in some USC/ORE for a little west coast flavor. Thats it. That's college football coverage in its entirety.

It's such a great sport, with so many great storylines and teams that are still pretty good even if they won't win a natty. But out of 133 teams playing FBS football, you will never hear any real analysis of any outside those 12. Even the conferences' own networks don't deviate much from those 12. Mark Richt can probably name everyone on Clemson's 2-deep, but I'll bet he doesn't know who our starting QB is without a cue card. I'm hopeful that expanding the playoff will force better coverage of some of the fringe playoff teams, but that's probably a tall ask.

I would add a few teams to your list like Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, Florida, Oregon and USC. Oh, and for whatever reason several of the show hosts love Iowa State. Don't ask why, they just do.

dynomite-jj-evans.gif

They'd all be learning it right now if Clemson didn't repeatedly fumble the ball inside the 5 against Duke.

But, because they did, it's Duke's year for the attention.

Even if we win Saturday, people will just say oh Clemson sucks this year.
100% what's coming with a Cuse win, even if Clemson ran the table the remainder of the year

I would add a few teams to your list like Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, Florida, Oregon and USC. Oh, and for whatever reason several of the show hosts love Iowa State. Don't ask why, they just do.
Da coach is one of da boys

Duke is going to get a ton of love after they beat ND this weekend

It’s honestly sad how little the media cares about Cuse

Especially when we have such a great communications school
I, for one, am ridiculously happy how little I care for the media. You most certainly need to be relevant, play them as needed without letting them play you

Watching the replay now

The worst part about it is, she has it correct and says “Dino” and then corrects herself and says “Dyno”

Only attention we get is from Paker and is questions on GS's hidden ball trick

In all fairness, today's morning show did have a lengthy segment on SU and even had Brent Axe on the show. That said, the two show hosts, who I really like, didn't know much about us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom