EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

how are these things still running at $500 . seems crazy now that you can buy 80inch tvs for like 300.
I bought an Xbox Series S for this game, think the MSRP was $250 but I got it on a Black Friday sale for $250. Have been playing Madden to hold me over.

how are these things still running at $500 . seems crazy now that you can buy 80inch tvs for like 300.
Because they don't offer cheap off brand versions of them like the $300 80" tvs. They're akin to the higher quality name brand $1500 80" tvs.

I always get the new system(s) when they come out...I just tell pacusewife it's for the kids ;);)
But seriously we are a family of gamers so the price is a bit easier to handle knowing we will get so much use out of
Can NOT wait for college football game to get launch

I bought an Xbox Series S for this game, think the MSRP was $250 but I got it on a Black Friday sale for $250. Have been playing Madden to hold me over.

Madden is absolutely awful. I pray to the Gods that NCAA isn't just a knock off.

NCAA football when the option offenses were big was the best. Couldn't pitch the ball in Madden but you could in NCAA. It was great.
In early Madden (circa '91 or '92 on the Sega Genesis) I would pick Philadelphia so I could be Randall Cunningham. There was a pass play where the RB went out to the flat, so I would run Cunningham in that direction and use it like an option. Then when they came out with the first Bill Walsh NCAA Football, it was on. Using Colorado with Kordell Stewart was awesome.

Last edited:
In early Madden (circa '91 or '92 on the Sega Genesis) I would pick Philadelphia so I could be Randall Cunningham. There was a pass play where the RB went out to the flat, so I would run Cunningham in that direction and use it like an option. Then when they came out with the first Bill Walsh NCAA Football it was on. Using Colorado with Kordell Stewart was awesome.
Bill Walsh had the 1992 Cuse roster, believe it or not. Stacked team

just go buy 6, $100 gift cards over the next 6 months so when the big day comes it's nothing!

This is the smartest thing I’ve ever heard.

Think About It GIF by Identity

I’m not gonna buy a current gen console (thinking about grabbing a genesis again tho) so I’m gonna need this to come out on pc. Please and thank you.

you could buy the game and then go to the toy museum in Rochester and play .. Its pretty cool seeing the games on those huge screens.

NCAA football when the option offenses were big was the best. Couldn't pitch the ball in Madden but you could in NCAA. It was great.
Then when they came out with the first Bill Walsh NCAA Football, it was on. Using Colorado with Kordell Stewart was awesome.
NCAA football, pretty sure it was Harrison's senior year/McNabb's freshman year, they had a play that I imagine was supposed to be the freeze option, where you could run option to the outside, but it sent the WR on that side on a streak. I think it was the only running play you could throw a pass out of.

NCAA football, pretty sure it was Harrison's senior year/McNabb's freshman year, they had a play that I imagine was supposed to be the freeze option, where you could run option to the outside, but it sent the WR on that side on a streak. I think it was the only running play you could throw a pass out of.
Darn. I don't think I had that one. If I did, I didn't find that play.

You only needed 8 plays in NCAA(and their variations)
HB Misdirection
HB Blast
HB Slam
Power 0

Slants (many times I would audible to the 1 or 2 WR to run a go route, if safety doesn't play WR then he's first read, similar to Y Stick)
HB Angle
Inside Cross
Curls

Madden is absolutely awful. I pray to the Gods that NCAA isn't just a knock off.
I believe it is supposed to be on a different engine so the actual gameplay should be different than Madden. At least I hope so. It took me too long but won't be buying Madden ever again.

I used that play all the time

I believe it is supposed to be on a different engine so the actual gameplay should be different than Madden. At least I hope so. It took me too long but won't be buying Madden ever again.
Heard it’s using the same frostbite engine or whatever it’s called.

Not sure about that I heard it was on the Madden engine unless that's changed and I hope it has.

You only needed 8 plays in NCAA(and their variations)
HB Misdirection
HB Blast
HB Slam
Power 0

Slants (many times I would audible to the 1 or 2 WR to run a go route, if safety doesn't play WR then he's first read, similar to Y Stick)
HB Angle
Inside Cross
Curls
The 10-15 yard out route in NCAA14 was also unstoppable