EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

You only needed 8 plays in NCAA(and their variations)
HB Misdirection
HB Blast
HB Slam
Power 0

Slants (many times I would audible to the 1 or 2 WR to run a go route, if safety doesn't play WR then he's first read, similar to Y Stick)
HB Angle
Inside Cross
Curls
Don’t forget Smash

Bill Walsh had the 1992 Cuse roster, believe it or not. Stacked team
I spent a lifetime playing that 92 roster on walsh as a teenager. The 'tough bronco' defensive play call was a dan conley centered gem that stopped the computer ai team all the time. Graves running the option..I still have that game and my old SNES in a closet lol

IMG_9670.jpeg
IMG_9671.jpeg

PS5 and whatever the newest XBox is.
The newest XBOX, that's a mouthful. I switched from PS to XBox after PS2. I opted for the 360 over the PS3 due to some exclusive titles that I felt I needed to have. I digress. Xbox history:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One X
Xbox Series S (not to be confused with One S even though they made them both white!)
Xbox Series X (not to be confused with One X)

Due to this horrible naming convention, Last year for xmas I bought my son the wrong xbox twice, TWICE! Realized it as soon as they arrived. Somehow I got both returned and the right one delivered a couple days after Xmas, luckily my son isn't in Santa years anymore and completely understood.

The newest XBOX, that's a mouthful. I switched from PS to XBox after PS2. I opted for the 360 over the PS3 due to some exclusive titles that I felt I needed to have. I digress. Xbox history:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One X
Xbox Series S (not to be confused with One S even though they made them both white!)
Xbox Series X (not to be confused with One X)

Due to this horrible naming convention, Last year for xmas I bought my son the wrong xbox twice, TWICE! Realized it as soon as they arrived. Somehow I got both returned and the right one delivered a couple days after Xmas, luckily my son isn't in Santa years anymore and completely understood.
I still have my original Xbox from the early 2000s. Which I mainly bought to play Halo. I need to dust it off and see if it still works.
I just bought my son a PS5 for Christmas so I will have to commondeer it to play EA College football.

So, didn't read the whole thread, but heard this morning that each player will receive $600 and a free copy of the game unless they opt-out of the deal. Some players will become "ambassadors" and receive additional NIL.

Correct - there was some grumbling by a few third parties trying to ask for more (mainly as they wanted to represent the players among other things) but that fizzled out. Hopefully like other schools we dumped as much data as possible to be included in the game

So each player who opts in gets $600 and a copy of the game. so they have 6-7 million in value going to players.

The schools have a kick as well I would think.

Wonder what the break even is for the game.

So each player who opts in gets $600 and a copy of the game. so they have 6-7 million in value going to players.

The schools have a kick as well I would think.

Wonder what the break even is for the game.

NCAA 14 sold over a million copies at 60 bucks a game plus had some add ons to boot. So guessing gross was 80-100 mill or somewhere in there for that game and this will sell more copies likely for 70 or 80 plus add ons. Again all ballpark.

So if some major player balks at the value and opts out I wonder if the fans throw a fit when that number does not show up on the roster.

So if some major player balks at the value and opts out I wonder if the fans throw a fit when that number does not show up on the roster.

I’m sure it will happen and then that player gets to miss out on being in the game and being known as a holdout. Being in the game is a big deal to a lot of these kids as much if not more than getting a piece of the pie

I think the number will still be able to be used they just will have a generic name tied to them

Don’t see very many players not signing up for this

I think the number will still be able to be used they just will have a generic name tied to them

Don’t see very many players not signing up for this

First big one was Arch Manning that I have read who has opted out