EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

I think the number will still be able to be used they just will have a generic name tied to them

Don’t see very many players not signing up for this

Number may be restricted as well but they haven’t confirmed.

Number may be restricted as well but they haven’t confirmed.

I'm going to assume that there won't just be an Arch Manning in the game without his name on it. Wasn't that the crux of the original lawsuit - that they were using players numbers and you knew who they were but they got no name credit or compensation?

I'm going to assume that there won't just be an Arch Manning in the game without his name on it. Wasn't that the crux of the original lawsuit - that they were using players numbers and you knew who they were but they got no name credit or compensation?

Yes

Right plus you could spell it differently or a number of other things to create likeness. I’ll be curious if they simply restrict the create a player feature altogether.

When are we going to actually see some demo or teaser videos? It's awfully close to the release date.

For one, I expect the play experience to be riddled with bugs. It's in EAs DNA to screw it up on first rollout. By College Football 2026 we should have a much smoother experience.

When are we going to actually see some demo or teaser videos? It's awfully close to the release date.

For one, I expect the play experience to be riddled with bugs. It's in EAs DNA to screw it up on first rollout. By College Football 2026 we should have a much smoother experience.

May. Also CFB has been the one thing they have typically gotten right every year they’ve pushed it out (2014 is one of the best football games ever made )unlike Madden that hasn’t been worth buying for 15 yrs

May. Also CFB has been the one thing they have typically gotten right every year they’ve pushed it out (2014 is one of the best football games ever made )unlike Madden that hasn’t been worth buying for 15 yrs
That’s my point. It took until 2014 for them to get it right.

I think the number will still be able to be used they just will have a generic name tied to them

Don’t see very many players not signing up for this
Yeah. And then people can just manually update the roster with the name and attributes they choose.

I haven’t owned a PlayStation since the NCAA ‘14 game or thereabouts. And EA CFB was more or less the only game l played.
So my question is, if NCAA ‘25 is the only game I would play, does it make sense to buy a used/refurbished PS5 instead of a new one?

I haven’t owned a PlayStation since the NCAA ‘14 game or thereabouts. And EA CFB was more or less the only game l played.
So my question is, if NCAA ‘25 is the only game I would play, does it make sense to buy a used/refurbished PS5 instead of a new one?

Yeah- I’ve got a PS5 and hardly have played it but it will be getting used well when this comes out

I don't know if you can even get a used/refurbed ps5 at a discount still. But it's worth the investment

I don't know if you can even get a used/refurbed ps5 at a discount still. But it's worth the investment
I don’t have time to game sadly, other priorities at this stage of my life. I got a free Xbox for signing home for Verizon home internet, didnt even think about keeping it. Sold it on eBay in an hour