Early game take | Syracusefan.com

Early game take

Ish88888

All American
Most who don't know me will call me a Shafer Homer, but hear me out.

This defensive scheme unless armed with 4 nfl players at corner and DE flat out stinks. Our corners are on the same islands they were when we were blitzing 6-8 guys, but now we are instead using 3-4 guys, yes, our base dline. We are flat footed pre snap, zero threat to the offense. Thus is a MAC scheme. Please prove me wrong.

ED is still running too much , partially on him and yes, on the coaching staff.

We just dont use the middle of the field. Cf gas changed, our oline is playing well and ED has time. CF is all about taking shots. We didn't take enough today.

Specials let us down. Murphy stinks outdoors and our punter stinks, in over his head.

50/50 chance a Shafer team loses to UConn. Would still have lost to UL, USF and ND.

He had his time. Heck, he recruited this mess.

Please put down the pitchforks after five games. We are right where we should be right now: two up and three down.

Next week is big, and then, if the script is followed, it's a six game season.

This defensive scheme unless armed with 4 nfl players at corner and DE flat out stinks. Our corners are on the same islands they were when we were blitzing 6-8 guys, but now we are instead using 3-4 guys, yes, our base dline. We are flat footed pre snap, zero threat to the offense. Thus is a MAC scheme. Please prove me wrong.

We just dont use the middle of the field. Cf gas changed, our oline is playing well and ED has time. CF is all about taking shots. We didn't take enough today.

Specials let us down. Murphy stinks outdoors and our punter stinks, in over his head.
We tried the middle. Had a guy wide open for a td and dungey missed.

Shafer recruited poorly and didn't have the skills to out scheme anyone.

Loved the guy. He has Syracuse-like DNA. But he inherited a program due to imperfect timing and went due south with it.

You're a Shafer Homer! ;)

Shafer recruited poorly and didn't have the skills to out scheme anyone.

Loved the guy. He has Syracuse-like DNA. But he inherited a program due to imperfect timing and went due south with it.

Sad, but true...

AZOrange said:
We tried the middle. Had a guy wide open for a td and dungey missed.
We also tried a deep middle pass where irv dropped it. If he catches it cleanly, he probably scores.

Care to add to the conversation? Actually love dino, just not a fan of this defensive scheme evident by my last 100 or so posts.
sarcasm_detector.jpg

Our D isn't the problem. I'm not sure why everyone is ragging on it. We could run the most perfect defensive scheme there is and we would still get smoked. The talent is NOT there. It is just flat out, plain and simple, a lack of talent issue. Stop blaming it on the damn schemes and coaches. WE SUCK. We have one of the worst defensive rosters in all of college football. Please just accept that already. We're small and young across the entire defense. It is going to take 2+ years to fix the D. You can bring in Ditka to coach the D and it won't matter.

Tl;DR...please stop blaming the damn defensive scheme.

I'll give Babers a chance to run this defense with his players because I think he'll recruit much better than Shafer but it's just brutal to watch right now because without talent, you need to take chances on defense, and we just sit back in the Tampa 2 and get shredded. It's a helpless feeling. Even when we do blitz, it's the most basic, uncreative blitz ever - QB always recognizes it - We always give it away - It never works.

On offense, I think a big issue we have is Dungey. He's ok but not a game changer. WRs drops passes and that doesn't absolve Phillips for being a de facto ND player today but ED has got to be better. I think Tommy Devito stands a great chance to be our starting QB next year.

Our D isn't the problem. I'm not sure why everyone is ragging on it. We could run the most perfect defensive scheme there is and we would still get smoked. The talent is NOT there. It is just flat out, plain and simple, a lack of talent issue. Stop blaming it on the damn schemes and coaches. WE SUCK. We have one of the worst defensive rosters in all of college football. Please just accept that already. We're small and young across the entire defense. It is going to take 2+ years to fix the D. You can bring in Ditka to coach the D and it won't matter.

Tl;DR...please stop blaming the damn defensive scheme.
We were smaller but faster than UCONN. When we play teams like ND, we are smaller and slower. I hope we fit the 1st category when we play Wake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom