Early Indications Are the New Viking Stadium | Syracusefan.com

Early Indications Are the New Viking Stadium

orange79 said:
Too many dead birds

Screw the deadbeat fans and the birds. The Dome is going to be rockin again.

Love our reno plans but for the love of god , make the capacity 44,444. This smaller, but charming capacity has worked all across mlb and will increase the value of our home ticket once we get rolling.
completely agree. but I think it helps a tiny bit with recruiting to say 50,000 people.

Ish88888 said:
Love our reno plans but for the love of god , make the capacity 44,444. This smaller, but charming capacity has worked all across mlb and will increase the value of our home ticket once we get rolling.
I love 44, but this just takes it too far. Unless we start giving it out again, it comes off as dwelling in the past.

I don't think we should reduce capacity. We need to have a product that fills what we have. MLB doesn't have to recruit. I don't know what number really matters to high school kids, but I don't think going smaller helps.

I don't think we should reduce capacity. We need to have a product that fills what we have. MLB doesn't have to recruit. I don't know what number really matters to high school kids, but I don't think going smaller helps.

Empty capacity hurts more than some arbitrary number of a max capacity. It's one thing if we're talking over 100k like the big house, knoxville, Texas, etc. but I can't imagine some recruits that we're after are going to turn us down because the stadium capacity is 44k instead of 49k. I can see some being turned off by a gameday environment with a large number of empty seats though.

Even a good product will not guarantee excellent attendance. Football, college and pro is suffering attendance woes across the board. Sometimes its amazing we even get 30k to a game. There are less and less college fans in upstate ny. This is a pro fb state, much like the boston area. Times have changed. The effort and $$$ it takes to attend a college or pro game turns people off. Football is a better product on tv. Recruits will notice the empty seats before they care about max capacity.

Just the opposite - increase capacity!

We should aspire to be a big time program with big home crowds.

Do we want to reduce BB capacity to say 15,000??

Of course not!

Large capacity is what made the BB Program.

Even a good product will not guarantee excellent attendance. Football, college and pro is suffering attendance woes across the board. Sometimes its amazing we even get 30k to a game. There are less and less college fans in upstate ny. This is a pro fb state, much like the boston area. Times have changed. The effort and $$$ it takes to attend a college or pro game turns people off. Football is a better product on tv. Recruits will notice the empty seats before they care about max capacity.

I agree that the quality of television makes viewing from home a convenient experience [especially in ultra high def].

But I disagree that a good product wouldn't put butts in seats. Fans like a winner, and fans like to see exciting teams play and lots of scoring. Babers's system will accomplish both--and the fans will return once they see that we're consistently putting on a show.

I agree that the quality of television makes viewing from home a convenient experience [especially in ultra high def].

But I disagree that a good product wouldn't put butts in seats. Fans like a winner, and fans like to see exciting teams play and lots of scoring. Babers's system will accomplish both--and the fans will return once they see that we're consistently putting on a show.
It is painfully clear this year. We get a team that wins and combine that with a much nicer upgraded stadium... and attendance will follow.

I kinda dig the 44,444 thing. Although, I'm that person that freaks out when they say the movie title in the movie. "They did the thing!!"

Don't worry - you'll get your wish when the plans are finalized. BC, Wake, and Duke appreciate the company. Oh Lord

Just the opposite - increase capacity!

We should aspire to be a big time program with big home crowds.

Do we want to reduce BB capacity to say 15,000??

Of course not!

Large capacity is what made the BB Program.

Those games are half as long. Reduce it and make the whole experience nicer.