Eat it, Tar Heels... | Syracusefan.com

Eat it, Tar Heels...

contingency.png

It's crazy that the furthest east Wegmans went in NY was Syracuse! I grew up in Utica and didn't get a Wegmans until I moved to New Jersey!

Meanwhile in Albany
th
Seriously, F Neil Golub and F Danny Wegman. I like Price Chopper, but no matter how many millions they spend, they will never be Wegmans. Suck it up Wegmans and take some of that prime property by the Airport or on 155. You will have the biggest grand opening ever.

It's crazy that the furthest east Wegmans went in NY was Syracuse! I grew up in Utica and didn't get a Wegmans until I moved to New Jersey!
A fellow Utica! We stock up every time we go to Syracuse. Soon we can stock up when I have my quarterly opthalmologist appointment. Only one hour away.

Seriously, F Neil Golub and F Danny Wegman. I like Price Chopper, but no matter how many millions they spend, they will never be Wegmans. Suck it up Wegmans and take some of that prime property by the Airport or on 155. You will have the biggest grand opening ever.
Idk, I work for Wegmans and married into a family that works there.

My aunt-in-law does new store openings setting up the Frozen Department for opening day.

Everywhere it grand opens up THOUSANDS show up in the first couple hours. Long, long lines.

Price Choppers based out of Utica I'm pretty sure isn't it?

Toga said:
Schenectady
I'm not sure that Wegmans will ever add a store from Utica to the Albany area. Back in the early 90's, Hannaford, a pretty big chain from Maine came into those areas. I think the combination of PC and Hannaford doesn't make it a very attractive area to expand.

Just one store.....Hope Wegmans puts up a store in Springfield MA near Costco...worth an hour and a quarter drive from east of Albany 76 miles.

I was at one in Pittsfield.

I'm not sure that Wegmans will ever add a store from Utica to the Albany area. Back in the early 90's, Hannaford, a pretty big chain from Maine came into those areas. I think the combination of PC and Hannaford doesn't make it a very attractive area to expand.
It makes no difference who is in the area because Wegmans will rule. Danny and his board must see better options somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom