Eat it, Tar Heels... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eat it, Tar Heels...

I grew up in Fayetteville and lived down the road from Wegmans for 22 years. Rarely went there.

It makes no difference who is in the area because Wegmans will rule. Danny and his board must see better options somewhere else.
Publix which is based out of Florida is moving into this area also. Harris teeter and lowes ( grocery store) are 3 very nice chains in North Carolina. Wegmans will do well but never rule North Carolina.

Publix which is based out of Florida is moving into this area also. Harris teeter and lowes ( grocery store) are 3 very nice chains in North Carolina. Wegmans will do well but never rule North Carolina.

I love Wegman's (my sister has worked there for the last 2 decades), but I miss Publix's subs. I had one near me when I lived in Vinings, down in GA.

lol at Wegmans being skurred of PC and Hannaford (what is that)

Pretty sure the Price Chopper situation was a gentleman's agreement not to invade each other's safe spaces.

I live in SC and am familiar with all the stores you mentioned. They are "nice" chains but Wegmans is a level above any of them.
The only reason they may not rule NC is because they don't crank out stores like the chains you mentioned.

I live in SC and am familiar with all the stores you mentioned. They are "nice" chains but Wegmans is a level above any of them.
The only reason they may not rule NC is because they don't crank out stores like the chains you mentioned.

Or there's already a Walmart Superstore in every town of 5,000 or more?

Pretty sure the Price Chopper situation was a gentleman's agreement not to invade each other's safe spaces.
At this point it's probably more Wegmans finds it easier to expand their footprint in other states, and PC doesn't want to upset the Hornet's nest and invade Wegmans territory.

I feel about Wegman's like how I feel about the movie The Big Lebowski. It's perfectly fine and above average, but people make way too big of a deal about it.
Thems fightin words

Wegmans would kill it in Apex or Cary. Chapel hill is full of southerners who may not know wegmans. The two cities I mentioned above packed with us Yankees. I am sure they will be just fine in chapel hill though.

Wegmans would kill it in Apex or Cary. Chapel hill is full of southerners who may not know wegmans. The two cities I mentioned above packed with us Yankees. I am sure they will be just fine in chapel hill though.

Wegmans sure beats the Safeway!

I think the Wegmans family had a handshake deal with somebody in the capital region not to expand there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom