EDIT: Georgia Tech hiring Josh Pastner | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

EDIT: Georgia Tech hiring Josh Pastner

I always say if you have a chance to hire a coach on the hot seat at his current job, you just HAVE to jump on it. It's management 101!

Last edited:
I always say if you have a chance to hire a coach on the hot seat at his current job, you just HAVE to jump on it. It's management 101!
sq200-6b39622b7e5697c4f2d9f6ea6b896f30.jpg

Maybe somebody will hire Todd Lickliter, or as I like to call him, the Greg Robinson of Iowa basketball. That would end the worst hire competition by a landslide. Scoring more than 50 points became an offensive explosion under that guy. My dad still is disgusted if I bring up his name.

There are no winners here but which is worse- Pastner or Kevin Stallings? I'll go with Stallings. At least Pastner is young.
I have to agree. talk about two uninspiring hires.

I just don't understand how G-Tech and Pitt cannot get better coaches. It seems it would make much better sense to go after a coach who has performed well at the midM level than either of these two guys. I completely understand Dixon moving on, he'd been at Pitt forever and it seemed like things were leveling out at a lower level than they had been early in his career. I can't understand firing Gregory if you are replacing him with a guy that has struggled in CUSA with superior talent.

At least Pastner plays an up tempo style. Last thing we need are more ACC teams playing half court ball. He will help their recruiting.

Pitt killed themselves running off Dixon. We Syracuse fans mock the Pitt postseason lack of success but Dixon was perfect for that program. The fans wanted more and now they will see how their program is.

Georgia Tech I don't get. This program has a lot of upside. Good location, good league, good history and hire a guy who has recruited really well and shown he can't coach a lick. Tech should have given Gregory 1 more year and been able to go after the top guys. They waited late and Vandy beat them for Drew.

GT will give Pastner 3 years and then if he fails they will go after Mark Price. Give Price time to prove himself at Charlotte.
Another alum they like to talk about is Craig Neal at New Mexico.

Wonder if they went after Mcdermott from Wichita State -That's who I would. He can coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom