Either vs Or | Syracusefan.com

Either vs Or

MadNY3

All American
Either Louisville is despondent about having zero post season motivations or they play like "F*** Syracuse" and use that as a catalyst.

They were far superior the final 30 minutes.

ONWARD...

Really looked like a mismatch at every position. I know they always have good players but we were really beaten badly. Cooney had some forced 3s from it being a 20+ point loss. Our perimeter D was just horrendous and we refused to penetrate on offense.

I think Louisville is playing really hard to win the Regular Season Title. What else do they have to play for?

Being 2 losses behind UNC makes it tough, but they do hold the tiebreaker.

L'ville is almost always a bad matchup for us.

NCAA tournament is all about match ups.

L'ville won't be in the tourney so it's one less bad matchup that we need to worry about.

They're a bad matchup because Pitino is accustomed to building a team suited to beating SU. It goes back to the Big East days.

Louisville is a better team this year and Pitino routinely has JB's #.

This played out like so many recent SU/l'ville games have. They always seem to destroy us in the 2nd halves...

JB and Pitino's record against each other was tied before last night's game and we beat them just last year here after Rak went 9-10 with 29 points against them. We seem to remember losses against them and forget any of our wins.

JB and Pitino's record against each other was tied before last night's game and we beat them just last year here after Rak went 9-10 with 29 points against them. We seem to remember losses against them and forget any of our wins.
I think it's some kind of biological survival mechanism. Like how the adrenaline spurts when a lion jumps out at you from a bush, and you learn to avoid that bush at all costs. But if a lion never jumps out at you, you can go whistling by the bush without a care. (Bear with me; this made sense in my mind a few seconds ago.) We are more hard wired to remember the losses because theoretically it should help us avoid future mistakes. (Like NEVER play the Ville at the Yum.) We don't learn such exciting lessons when we win.

I think it's the nature of sports for losses or negative to stick with you longer than the wins or positives. Ever played a competitive sport and had a really good game but all you could think about after was that one play you messed up on that would have made the game perfect had you not? Same idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom