ELATED... | Syracusefan.com

ELATED...

OGBJ20

Starter
I would like to thank you guys for your well wishes for BJ and his new journey. I know he will do great things there. It was a quick process in choosing as we want BJ to attend summer school there and get started athletically as well. It made sense to take the train off the tracks to get an overhaul for the coming out in 16-17season. Individual instruction in skill set and weight training will be the process. Imagine BJ at 6'8" and 220 in approximately 2 years. Look OUT!!!:eat popcorn:As for me, as HE double hockey sticks. SU will be missed as we have made some friendships there that continue into the future. All the best! LGO unless your playing LaSalle!!
cookout.jpg

I am glad it worked out for BJ.

I think the great indirect benefit of this is it does give BJ an extra year to develop physically and adapt his game accordingly on the sidelines. Most NCAA programs only use the redshirt as a freshmen and hate to use it once a player gets his clock started. We have seen that redshirt / transfer year in the middle of a player's career allow for some huge strides in player development.

This opportunity would not have been available if BJ stayed at one school. The only school I am aware of that has used the SO / JR redshirt a few times on it's own players is Gonzaga and it worked out wonderfully.

It is an unfortunate situation, that comes with the territory, as you probably know.

I really enjoyed seeing BJ succeed towards the end of the season. Good luck at LaSalle, I am sure we will see BJ participating in March Madness as an Explorer.

I hope he kills it at LaSalle. Will definitely be trying to catch some games when he gets back on the court in the future! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and bringing such a unique perspective to the board. I only wish BJ the best! Enjoy :)

Dear BJ's dad, we will miss your enthusiasm about your wonderful son on our board. We will miss BJ, but he has made a good decision for himself. It's always hard to say good-bye, so I will say so long, farewell, good luck, god bless and QUACK!!

I would like to thank you guys for your well wishes for BJ and his new journey. I know he will do great things there. It was a quick process in choosing as we want BJ to attend summer school there and get started athletically as well. It made sense to take the train off the tracks to get an overhaul for the coming out in 16-17season. Individual instruction in skill set and weight training will be the process. Imagine BJ at 6'8" and 220 in approximately 2 years. Look OUT!!!:eat popcorn:As for me, as HE double hockey sticks. SU will be missed as we have made some friendships there that continue into the future. All the best! LGO unless your playing LaSalle!!View attachment 39003
I don't post often even though I have read the board everyday for at least the last ten years. I just want you to know what a class act I think you and BJ are. It must be so hard to have had to read criticism about your son when you know how dedicated he is. He is a talented kid that we all know will do great in the future. Thanks to BJ and also you for being so positive about what many others might consider a negative. You are a great Dad and BJ is lucky to have you. Best of luck. I'll be rooting for BJ and your family.

I would like to thank you guys for your well wishes for BJ and his new journey. I know he will do great things there. It was a quick process in choosing as we want BJ to attend summer school there and get started athletically as well. It made sense to take the train off the tracks to get an overhaul for the coming out in 16-17season. Individual instruction in skill set and weight training will be the process. Imagine BJ at 6'8" and 220 in approximately 2 years. Look OUT!!!:eat popcorn:As for me, as HE double hockey sticks. SU will be missed as we have made some friendships there that continue into the future. All the best! LGO unless your playing LaSalle!!View attachment 39003

OGBJ, please come back time to time and check in with some BJ updates. There are many of us who are genuinely interested in his progress. We may not all be LaSalle fans, but we are all still BJ fans. Good luck

Good luck to the Johnson family. Look forward to future success at LaSalle. BTW here is a great interview from Bobby Johnson's playing days at LaSalle after a huge win. Awesome interview. You must have had a lot of great memories from those teams.

OGBJ20 said:
I would like to thank you guys for your well wishes for BJ and his new journey. I know he will do great things there. It was a quick process in choosing as we want BJ to attend summer school there and get started athletically as well. It made sense to take the train off the tracks to get an overhaul for the coming out in 16-17season. Individual instruction in skill set and weight training will be the process. Imagine BJ at 6'8" and 220 in approximately 2 years. Look OUT!!!:eat popcorn:As for me, as HE double hockey sticks. SU will be missed as we have made some friendships there that continue into the future. All the best! LGO unless your playing LaSalle!!
You've been a great poster. Don't be a stranger. Bj will do great things there

Good luck to both you and BJ OGBJ20 ! I've really enjoyed your contribution and perspective on the board. This probably isn't the path you and BJ envisioned two years ago but thank for you handling BJ's transfer with so much class. College was the best four years of my life so I truly hope BJ does awesome and is happy at LaSalle.

Good luck to BJ! I think this might be more or a we'll miss him more than he'll miss us in a couple of years type situation :) - either way, wish it would have worked out here!

Feel free to keep us updated on his progress. Ur insight was always very much appreciated!

LGO! (And LaSalle...unless they're playing us!)

can't tell you how impressed I've been with how you been such a good sport through thick and thin and now a transfer. No way in hell I could have played it as cool as you did.

Excited that you are so happy with BJ going to Lasalle. I look forward to watching his 2 seasons there.

I hope Ron ends up there as well (no idea if possible, just know those 2 are buddies). Could make for some exciting and talented bball.

OH... and I pray that Cuse never has to play Lasalle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom