ELATED... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ELATED...

Like the saying goes "life's a journey, not a race..." That red shirt year looks to be perfect for the long plan. It's been really neat getting that parent perspective. Wishing him the best, and hoping you stay involved on the board.

Mr. Johnson, I know you don't think I thought your son was great, but that's not true at all. I think BJ right now has a better opportunity for himself going to LaSalle than I think he does continuing with Syracuse. I have said many times that he has talent, that he has potential, I truly believe this is an excellent move for him and will give him a greater opportunity to move to the next level. He may have not been in a great situation here but I'm sure that LaSalle is a far better place to showcase his skills and give him the opportunity to showcase his talents. You mentioned it in your post, 6'8" 220 with a deadly jumper is impossible to ignore. No matter where he is, LaSalle, Syracuse, Alaska, Hawaii, doesn't matter, those are intangibles that open eyes. I wish BJ nothing but the best and appreciate the time he spent here. I wish your son nothing but the best, I hope he kills it there and winds up in the NBA, I hope nothing but the best for both of you and I truly mean that. I hope you can let any differences we've had in the past be buried and we can have the common goal of your son making it to the highest level in this amazing game. Take care OG.

Never order a cheesesteak at Subway. Other than that, LaSalle and the Philly 5 should be fun. Best wishes. BTW, lots of playing time available up here, North to Alaska - just joking, although there are several pros from Alaska, not just in hockey.

It has been a pleasure reading your insights on your son, the rest of the team and on basketball in general.

I hope BJ finishes his career with two great years. I know I will be watching him with great interest.

Go Explorers! And best of luck in the future!

I am glad it worked out for BJ.

I think the great indirect benefit of this is it does give BJ an extra year to develop physically and adapt his game accordingly on the sidelines. Most NCAA programs only use the redshirt as a freshmen and hate to use it once a player gets his clock started. We have seen that redshirt / transfer year in the middle of a player's career allow for some huge strides in player development.
Great point! I've never thought of that before but it makes a lot of sense that would be the case.

And of course best of luck to BJ! I will be pulling for him.

I am very sorry to see him go. You both will be missed here. Good luck to BJ in carrying on the Johnson tradition at LaSalle.

Excited for BJ and OG but honestly a bit bummed as a Cuse fan. Will be very interested to see BJ with extended pt and not in fear of the quick hook. I was expecting a D Nichols type ascent for his jr and sr seasons and still am. While the redshirt year will be a good thing it's a shame it couldn't happen at Cuse given the circumstances.

Best wishes to BJ, OG, and their entire family. Good luck and God bless on this new journey!

I would like to thank you guys for your well wishes for BJ and his new journey. I know he will do great things there. It was a quick process in choosing as we want BJ to attend summer school there and get started athletically as well. It made sense to take the train off the tracks to get an overhaul for the coming out in 16-17season. Individual instruction in skill set and weight training will be the process. Imagine BJ at 6'8" and 220 in approximately 2 years. Look OUT!!!:eat popcorn:As for me, as HE double hockey sticks. SU will be missed as we have made some friendships there that continue into the future. All the best! LGO unless your playing LaSalle!!View attachment 39003

I'm not.

I've been on the BJ bandwagon since day 1 and I think that, once he fills out, the sky is the limit for this kid.

Very disappointed to see him go.

Nevertheless, I've just adopted LaSalle as my #2 team and am looking forward to seeing BJ in action with the Explorers in two years time.

Best of Luck to BJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom