eli manning | Syracusefan.com

eli manning

overrated!
Speaking of which, I thought that Victor Cruz might be a one year wonder but it's obvious from the first two games this year that he is the real deal. Once Eli get's his head out of his butt, look for he and Victor to lead the team to the promise land.

Two time super bowl mvps are always overrated.

-

he was 0bviously incredibly clutch on those game winning drives but the giants defense was the mvp of those 2 super bowls. they gave up 14 and 17 points to powerhouse patriot teams. its not like eli put up mvp type #s in those games or led the giants offense to 30+ points.

i just happened to look at eli's career stats today and couldnt believe how underwhelming they were, thats all. and he throws a stuffload of interceptions.

he was 0bviously incredibly clutch on those game winning drives but the giants defense was the mvp of those 2 super bowls. they gave up 14 and 17 points to powerhouse patriot teams. its not like eli put up mvp type #s in those games or led the giants offense to 30+ points.

i just happened to look at eli's career stats today and couldnt believe how underwhelming they were, thats all. and he throws a stuffload of interceptions.

look at his 4th quarter comeback stats. That also tells a lot

Two time super bowl mvps are always overrated.

-

I know you meant this as sarcasm, but it's probably true. I bet most 2 time super bowl MVP's are overrated. (of course I don't know how many of them there are. But I'm probably giving my Super Bowl 42 MVP to Justin Tuck)

But it also comes down to how do you rate Eli? He's not one of the 5 best QB's in the league, but does anyone think he is? I would say he is consistently a top 10 QB or so.

Speaking of which, I thought that Victor Cruz might be a one year wonder but it's obvious from the first two games this year that he is the real deal.

The 16 last year didn't convince you?

Speaking of which, I thought that Victor Cruz might be a one year wonder but it's obvious from the first two games this year that he is the real deal. Once Eli get's his head out of his butt, look for he and Victor to lead the team to the promise land.

With no running game, no pass rush and a crappy back seven???

Man, I love my Giants but I just don't think they are that good.

I am a cowboy fan and Eli always scares the hell out of me in the 4th q.

I know you meant this as sarcasm, but it's probably true. I bet most 2 time super bowl MVP's are overrated. (of course I don't know how many of them there are. But I'm probably giving my Super Bowl 42 MVP to Justin Tuck)

But it also comes down to how do you rate Eli? He's not one of the 5 best QB's in the league, but does anyone think he is? I would say he is consistently a top 10 QB or so.

I would say "over/underrated" are two of the least understood terms among sports fans & pundits.

Tony Romo is always on "most overrated __" lists which has never made any sense given that
A) he's pretty good.
B) I've never heard or met a single person who thought he was elite.

Eli definitely seems to be properly rated to me.

1 week later.

King Tannehill has divided and conquered most of the Eastern Mississippi and now threatens the port of New Orleans.

Advance!

Tony Romo is always on "most overrated __" lists which has never made any sense given that
A) he's pretty good.
B) I've never heard or met a single person who thought he was elite.
Really, it definitely makes sense. Let's see. Tony Romo just signed a 6 year, $108 million contract with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus. And he's got absolutely zilch to show for it. I'm going to go out on the limb and say that I don't think Tony Romo is "pretty good". If fact, I don't think I would use the word good to describe him at all. How many people besides Jerry Jones would have given Romo that kind of cash. I'm going to go out on the limb again and say none.

Let me know when Romo wins something meaningful.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-romo-signs-108m-contract-with-dallas-cowboys

Really, it definitely makes sense. Let's see. Tony Romo just signed a 6 year, $108 million contract with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus. And he's got absolutely zilch to show for it. I'm going to go out on the limb and say that I don't think Tony Romo is "pretty good". If fact, I don't think I would use the word good to describe him at all. How many people besides Jerry Jones would have given Romo that kind of cash. I'm going to go out on the limb again and say none.

Let me know when Romo wins something meaningful.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-romo-signs-108m-contract-with-dallas-cowboys

I'll refer back to my original point:
I would say "over/underrated" are two of the least understood terms among sports fans & pundits.

You seem to think the formula is some sort of ratio of salary and "big wins" (which I guess would make Sam Bradford among the most overrated players in the history of sports?).

IMO it's more "how much worse are you than how you're perceived by typical media/fans". Given that there are a crapload of fans/pundits who share your irrational hatred & opinion that he's garbage, it's pretty hard to be overrated.

I'll refer back to my original point:

You seem to think the formula is some sort of ratio of salary and "big wins" (which I guess would make Sam Bradford among the most overrated players in the history of sports?).

IMO it's more "how much worse are you than how you're perceived by typical media/fans". Given that there are a crapload of fans/pundits who share your irrational hatred & opinion that he's garbage, it's pretty hard to be overrated.
Well you really can't compare Sam Bradford's contract with Romo's contract. Bradford's was his rookie contract signed under the old agreement. Romo's was a gift from Jerry Jones.

John Clayton has Romo ranked as the #9 best QB. Gregg Rosenthal has him ranked #13. Si.com has him ranked #9 also. I understand your original point and you are right, but only to a certain degree. If the experts think you are a top ten QB, that supposed to mean something. You're ranked as the top third of all the starting QB's in the league. It could mean you should be pretty good or it could mean that everyone below you is pretty sad. However, it still doesn't validate Tony Romo and his value.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...gs-john-clayton-reveals-2013-hierarchy-part-1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...he-quarterback-index-ranking-the-starters-132

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/29/ranking-the-qbs-aaron-rodgers-is-still-the-top-man/

Pretty much any QB at Romo's level is probably going to get a ridiculous contract. Kind of the nature of the beast. Somewhere around #10 seems fair for Romo. Did Jerry Jones overpay? Probably, he's Jerry Jones, that is what he does, but QB's get a ton of money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom