Employment opportunities | Syracusefan.com

Employment opportunities

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
I have an elder law and estate planning practice in Syracuse. I am looking for an Estates and Trusts paralegal and/or attorney. It's a benefit if the attorney has a portable book of business, or a compatible additional area of practice. (For instance, family law/divorces would not be compatible with our practice, but entities formation, corporation, business law would be.)

Also, we are looking to add a person with experience dealing with Medicaid applications for long term skilled nursing home care.
If you know anyone who is interested, IM me with their information, and we will reach out to them.
If they want to learn a bit more about us, the firm is Safe Harbor Wills and Trusts
Thanks.

I have an elder law and estate planning practice in Syracuse. I am looking for an Estates and Trusts paralegal and/or attorney. It's a benefit if the attorney has a portable book of business, or a compatible additional area of practice. (For instance, family law/divorces would not be compatible with our practice, but entities formation, corporation, business law would be.)

Also, we are looking to add a person with experience dealing with Medicaid applications for long term skilled nursing home care.
If you know anyone who is interested, IM me with their information, and we will reach out to them.
If they want to learn a bit more about us, the firm is Safe Harbor Wills and Trusts
Thanks.
My wife went to a presentation by Safe Harbor Wills and Trusts In Watertown. Were you presenting?

My wife went to a presentation by Safe Harbor Wills and Trusts In Watertown. Were you presenting?
Yes, we also have an office in Watertown. Maybe Rochester by end of year. Hopefully, she found it enjoyable and educational.

Last edited:

Thanks.
This is not a direct endorsement of Capt Tuttle but of his profession. One of the best decisions we ever made was to seek the services of an elder law attorney when my parents were in their mid 80's and needed nursing home care. Even though we were facing deadlines our elder care attorney did an amazing job and we were able to provide all the care we needed and still protect a huge part of their estate. Their services weren't inexpensive but it was money that was well spent in our time of need.

Thanks.
Do you happen to have any summer employment opportunities for a Syracuse Law student coming out of their 1L year?

Did someone say Elder Law?

AACF679C-8968-4D9D-B83B-9FF99B6C7A55.gif

This is not a direct endorsement of Capt Tuttle but of his profession. One of the best decisions we ever made was to seek the services of an elder law attorney when my parents were in their mid 80's and needed nursing home care. Even though we were facing deadlines our elder care attorney did an amazing job and we were able to provide all the care we needed and still protect a huge part of their estate. Their services weren't inexpensive but it was money that was well spent in our time of need.
And one of the worst things I have ever seen is complete lack of preparation for my wife’s parents. No will, no POA, about 1000 different stock holdings invested directly with companies. No POA and then father was declared incapacitated (mom had already passed) which meant guardian process (which is very detailed in reporting requirements), then from guardian to administrator. It’s been unbelievable.

My recommendation to everyone is get your crap together before you get sick. Will, POA, healthcare proxy, investments detailed in a coherent fashion, etc.