Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was prior to COVID 19. The southern states were looser about regulations for the pandemic and thus, many of those student-athletes were free to mingle in large groups without much push back. Syracuse was dealing with the New York State rules which held higher standards for pandemic health and safety. This is not to say that the pandemic was the only reason for the mass exodus from Q’s program.

As much as I dislike most Brent Axe takes this column sums it up and the transfer portal isn't going away.

"The transfer portal presents empowerment and options to the players...

The cost of all this player movement will not just be the stress of coaches counting heads every day to see who is in or out.

SU basketball fans, already conditioned to see maybe one or two talented players leave early for the NBA Draft, will now have to be on guard for a turbulent roster transition every year...

The way college basketball is heading -- or maybe has already arrived -- it will be more like speed dating now."

As much as I dislike most Brent Axe takes this column sums it up and the transfer portal isn't going away.

"The transfer portal presents empowerment and options to the players...

The cost of all this player movement will not just be the stress of coaches counting heads every day to see who is in or out.

SU basketball fans, already conditioned to see maybe one or two talented players leave early for the NBA Draft, will now have to be on guard for a turbulent roster transition every year...

The way college basketball is heading -- or maybe has already arrived -- it will be more like speed dating now."
I think, since this is the first year of the portal and immediate playing time, we will have to wait and see if this large number of transfers is an annual event. I think you will have players with buyers remorse about transferring.

crazycassie When you post something from an article you need to post the link to the article...not just cut and paste.

Also The Athletic is a subscription site. If this article was behind a pay wall you can't post it on here and this post will need to be deleted.

Last edited:
Nicole Sanfilippo joining Cuse for next season. A top NY guard!

E2868AC9-1C15-4944-895D-6FA1F253FA5A.jpeg

John Wildhack addressing the issue will hopefully help to stabilize Coach Q’s program.
B117782A-E2FB-4EC1-AC6B-71E70E5C389E.gif

John Wildhack addressing the issue will hopefully help to stabilize Coach Q’s program.
View attachment 202300
I am sure they are game planning on how to keep this from happening again, but a resounding “Eh, it is what it is.” Was blowing off the subject. But, Wildhack is too smart to not be on top of the issue.

I can't read this article as it is a subscription site. My question about all this as it was already brought up by the Daily Orange and nothing happened, is If there was such a prevalent problem in the program why did those ladies not go to the administration.

This is going to be an interesting walk back by the University if story has legs. Two weeks ago the line was "it's the sign of the times". Either we were covering, have no idea what is going on in one of our more known programs, or the story is a house of cards.

I can't read this article as it is a subscription site. My question about all this as it was already brought up by the Daily Orange and nothing happened, is If there was such a prevalent problem in the program why did those ladies not go to the administration.
According to the article they did go to the administration. A very damning article , way too disturbing to be dismissed. Not good. The article says as recruiting improved since 2016, Q’s behavior worsened, often telling the players that he was the star. Uggh. An article shouldn’t have disclosed this info - the administration should have known and addressed it years ago.

According to the article they did go to the administration. A very damning article , way too disturbing to be dismissed. Not good. The article says as recruiting improved since 2016, Q’s behavior worsened, often telling the players that he was the star. Uggh. An article shouldn’t have disclosed this info - the administration should have known and addressed it years ago.

Yeah this is potentially really ugly. Also I sure hope something like this doesn't bleed over into other programs. If you are a parent of a recruit of a different sport etc you might start asking about the type of university you are sending or thinking of sending your kid to.

Your last sentence is my big question - hiring Enoch, the lack of response to the questionnaire, the school no-show at the scheduled zoom call and the overall description of Q acting like he was Denzel Washington and Pat Riley rolled into one. HIs treatment of managers alone makes my blood boil...oh and the article points out no great success since the NC game even though since 2015 he has signed more Top 100 recruits than South Carolina or UCONN (granted most transfer).

If any of the allegations are true he has to be gone. You can't allow that at a university.

Wish I could read it, I said something stinks months ago. Q has never impressed me as a game day coach, can recruit but
With the talent he brings in they under perform. Hopefully this gets sorted out quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom