Eric Dungey | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey

I wrote this in the Frost thread:

- Don't have players to run his system will they ever come? - I would argue that we do have some nice building blocks to start that system. Dungey (if healthy) seems perfect for that type of offense. Athlete, can extend plays, throw on the run and great timing on his throws. Frederick explosive one cut runner perfect for that system. Ish big tall WR that has shown can make tough catches and block down field. Estime and Erv seem to be explosive type slot WR that are great in space and have the ability to make people miss. I think we have a jump start on that type of system.

I wrote this in the Frost thread:

- Don't have players to run his system will they ever come? - I would argue that we do have some nice building blocks to start that system. Dungey (if healthy) seems perfect for that type of offense. Athlete, can extend plays, throw on the run and great timing on his throws. Frederick explosive one cut runner perfect for that system. Ish big tall WR that has shown can make tough catches and block down field. Estime and Erv seem to be explosive type slot WR that are great in space and have the ability to make people miss. I think we have a jump start on that type of system.
Other than our offensive line..what are we lacking in your opinion?

Other than our offensive line..what are we lacking in your opinion?

Chris Clark???

Depends on what Trey Dunkelberger brings to the table? Clearly need a better pass catching Tight End than what has played this year. Was high on Trey before the season so he would help.

Also need a big fast WR to play opposite Ish. Someone that can blow the top off the defense while Estime and Erv to work the underneath.

Dungey from Oregon, Frost coaches in Oregon. Makes complete sense.

And Lake Oswego, sounds like Oswego, which is on a lake, so ipso facto, he's not transferring.

I just hope everything is ok upstairs.

Chris Clark???

Depends on what Trey Dunkelberger brings to the table? Clearly need a better pass catching Tight End than what has played this year. Was high on Trey before the season so he would help.

Also need a big fast WR to play opposite Ish. Someone that can blow the top off the defense while Estime and Erv to work the underneath.
TE is a must i agree.

Dungey from Oregon, Frost coaches in Oregon. Makes complete sense.
except that didn't tran
add in Eddie Orgeron and we have one hell of an OR-EGY...

tap tap..is this thing on?
200.gif

While I think we are loaded with young talent, I think Frost will attract a lot of skill players on his own. Upside is huge.

While I think we are loaded with young talent, I think Frost will attract a lot of skill players on his own. Upside is huge.
"Loaded" is a stretch- we've got some nice young players but we need way more of as good or better to close the gap. I'm still not sure who scares any opposing defenses- hopefully the new guy brings the infusion of talent we need to be competitive.

A broken egg in the offense, I'm clearly missing something

If the new offense, Frost's or otherwise requires a QB who is athletic and can extend plays, then it will not and should not be ED. The reason his FB career may already be over is because he extended too many plays and took the punishment his body is not designed to endure. So if he is going to be expected to extend plays, if he is going to be asked to run as much as he has or more to open up the rest of the playbook, his cranium will be stretched to it's breaking point, like an eggshell.

If the new offense, Frost's or otherwise requires a QB who is athletic and can extend plays, then it will not and should not be ED. The reason his FB career may already be over is because he extended too many plays and took the punishment his body is not designed to endure. So if he is going to be expected to extend plays, if he is going to be asked to run as much as he has or more to open up the rest of the playbook, his cranium will be stretched to it's breaking point, like an eggshell.

im sure the new staff will tell him you need to slide or get out of bounds when running to try to avoid any major hits to the head

Figured we where going to the "concussion" ended his career speech again.

I wonder if Frost spent time looking at Dungey on the recruiting trail out in Oregon.

Last edited:
Complete speculation, but if Frost is the guy I hope Dungey holds no ill will for not being recruited by Oregon and decides to leave. They have to know each other, no question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom