Eric White | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric White

I think you are underestimating the quality of communication Eric White provides.

People still dismiss social media platform communications like anyone can do it.

They can't. It's not easy. Companies pay millions and millions of dollars to create a communication strategy and execute it across social channels.

Not only is it important, it's going to get more important as time goes on.
Alot of these kids dont know how to communicate and its not just city kids. Its the way of the world. Some of these kids use social media to express themselves, their thoughts and feelings so what you say in a direct message can really determine how the recruitment will turn out with that prospect. You have to use certain words, codes and twitter language, if you dont do it right, you can be dead meat. The only chance you have now is getting the kid on campus or at his school and be hopeful that your in person contact makes up for your lack of internet skills.

Normally I'd say somebody is a dinosaur if they fight the important of social media, but I'm not sure what to do now that being a dinosaur is a good thing.

I'd ask this question- does SU use social media in a way that is better than comparable programs? This Fall I remember the little "Jumpman" thing they had, but were there others that caught on?

I don't find the schools that did photo edits of recruits with Beyonce or Kim K to be clever, if that matters to anyone.

I am shocked anyone would suggest removing white he is a talented recruiter is the contact bridge to all our current commits lets not get silly drunk on new coach here.

While I think EW does a great job, everybody is replaceable. Maybe Dino has someone out there that is better than EW, they do exist you know.

Both. Playing on social media and being buddy's with recruits is about 25% of their job.
If it works then why do you care? Clearly you don't understand the needs/wants of younger men.

We tend to over value those guys bc they are so outward w their Twitter. I'm sure EVERYschool has one of those types of guys.

Last people on earth I worry about are the social media folk. Steve Gregory however I'm all in on. Love him.
Southern schools put hot chicks in charge of their football social media.

Macky44 said:
If it works then why do you care? Clearly you don't understand the needs/wants of younger men.

If what works?

I dont know how Eric is ranked compared to other people that does his job. I know Ive had great experiences with him but I also know the Babers could have some one way better than him too. We dont know, but like I said Baber's staff on twitter alot more than Shafer's. Not sure if that will produce better results or not

I dont know how Eric is ranked compared to other people that does his job. I know Ive had great experiences with him but I also know the Babers could have some one way better than him too. We dont know, but like I said Baber's staff on twitter alot more than Shafer's. Not sure if that will produce better results or not

Here is the thing, it should be part of his overall strategy. Whether that is Eric or someone else, it just needs to fit.

Here is my rant (and this isn't directed at you money3189 - just had quoted your post for my first comment):

The should be using analytics tied to social media channels (a lot more than just Twitter). They should be seeing what works, what doesn't. They should be testing everything. This should be rolling up to the overall comms strategy.

These are things we can compete with bigger schools and be nimble about. It's not easy, but we have the tools through the university to do this.

I know Millhouse talks about meat head coaches, well there are a lot of meat head-type admins that aren't seeing the opportunity in leveraging these channels to their full extent. I don't mean this specifically to Syracuse or any school. And I don't mean it negatively. I'm 36. I started taking computer science classes in 8th grade (QBASIC, what's up!), I was good at math, etc, and I have to push myself to be open to all of this, to understand it to use it properly.

But Syracuse should be at the forefront of analytics in communications, S&C, etc. We will never have 100K fans in our stadium or a packed house for the spring game or a private helicopter for recruiting, but this is where we need to be at the top.

Here is the thing, it should be part of his overall strategy. Whether that is Eric or someone else, it just needs to fit.

Here is my rant (and this isn't directed at you money3189 - just had quoted your post for my first comment):

The should be using analytics tied to social media channels (a lot more than just Twitter). They should be seeing what works, what doesn't. They should be testing everything. This should be rolling up to the overall comms strategy.

These are things we can compete with bigger schools and be nimble about. It's not easy, but we have the tools through the university to do this.

I know Millhouse talks about meat head coaches, well there are a lot of meat head-type admins that aren't seeing the opportunity in leveraging these channels to their full extent. I don't mean this specifically to Syracuse or any school. And I don't mean it negatively. I'm 36. I started taking computer science classes in 8th grade (QBASIC, what's up!), I was good at math, etc, and I have to push myself to be open to all of this, to understand it to use it properly.

But Syracuse should be at the forefront of analytics in communications, S&C, etc. We will never have 100K fans in our stadium or a packed house for the spring game or a private helicopter for recruiting, but this is where we need to be at the top.
Some good points. Definitely think we can be in the upper tier being one of the best communication schools and all.

Some good points. Definitely think we can be in the upper tier being one of the best communication schools and all.

sadly the school has proven over and over again its not real good at it. lol

i am in believe it when i see it mode on that one

I would say that if the new staff is pretty active and available on social media to recruits then it probably isn't as big a deal. Let's face it, what they do is social administration, and if DB has other ideas that are just as effective, then I'm cool with that. I think EW did a great job while he was here but there's a new sheriff in town and he's going to want his deputies.

MikeSU02 said:
Here is the thing, it should be part of his overall strategy. Whether that is Eric or someone else, it just needs to fit. Here is my rant (and this isn't directed at you money3189 - just had quoted your post for my first comment): The should be using analytics tied to social media channels (a lot more than just Twitter). They should be seeing what works, what doesn't. They should be testing everything. This should be rolling up to the overall comms strategy. These are things we can compete with bigger schools and be nimble about. It's not easy, but we have the tools through the university to do this. I know Millhouse talks about meat head coaches, well there are a lot of meat head-type admins that aren't seeing the opportunity in leveraging these channels to their full extent. I don't mean this specifically to Syracuse or any school. And I don't mean it negatively. I'm 36. I started taking computer science classes in 8th grade (QBASIC, what's up!), I was good at math, etc, and I have to push myself to be open to all of this, to understand it to use it properly. But Syracuse should be at the forefront of analytics in communications, S&C, etc. We will never have 100K fans in our stadium or a packed house for the spring game or a private helicopter for recruiting, but this is where we need to be at the top.

Difference between leveraging analytics and social networks for marketing purposes (which you're 100% correct on) and finding people who can connect with recruits socially (where it's just the means of communication, a tool).

Eric has changed his Twitter profile around and has nothing referenced to Syracuse anymore...have a feeling he was let go unfortunately

Maybe the decision was to free up some money for assistant coaches salaries.

Eric has changed his Twitter profile around and has nothing referenced to Syracuse anymore...have a feeling he was let go unfortunately

Who cares... Good riddance. Dude was a chearleader twitter minion. BFD.

This staff is dialed in. I absolutely love updates from coach Lewis.

Maybe the decision was to free up some money for assistant coaches salaries.
still need and will have support staff and a director of recruiting and/or a director of football operations. we're actually pretty understaffed in these areas compared to our peer programs.

IthacaBarrel said:
Who cares... Good riddance. Dude was a chearleader twitter minion. BFD. This staff is dialed in. I absolutely love updates from coach Lewis.

Old man yells at cloud

NCAA left the door open on Twitter. Hope he's replaced so coach Lewis isn't wasting too much time tweeting when he should be devising ways to destroy FSU

Old man yells at cloud

NCAA left the door open on Twitter. Hope he's replaced so coach Lewis isn't wasting too much Tim tweeting when he should be devising ways to destroy FSU

Twitter is the equivalent of using an excel spreadsheet these days. Lewis is tweeting in between travel, etc, takes 15 seconds no need to replace a guy like white if new staff is savy enough to tweet once in awhile something relevant, nobody is that busy.

I would rather read Lewis tweets than some cheerleader sitting in a dungeon glued to his IPAD all day. People act as if white was a football guy, he was a twitter guy, that's it

Twitter is the equivalent of using an excel spreadsheet these days. Lewis is tweeting in between travel, etc, takes 15 seconds no need to replace a guy like white if new staff is savy enough to tweet once in awhile something relevant, nobody is that busy.

I would rather read Lewis tweets than some cheerleader sitting in a dungeon glued to his IPAD all day
There will be a replacement.

I would rather read Lewis tweets than some cheerleader sitting in a dungeon glued to his IPAD all day. People act as if white was a football guy, he was a twitter guy, that's it
I agree but he did do a good job for HCSS and his staff.

Seems kind of unnecessary to be attacking a dude who, for the last few years, has been doing nothing but pimping the hell out of Syracuse University football and helping us bring kids into the program.

"Hey, you! The kid who's been trying to make this program I root for get better! Screw you!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom