Erv Phillips | Syracusefan.com

Erv Phillips

jtorange

Walk On
Is he strictly (or mostly) a RB now rather than slot receiver which we were originally told (re: his recruitment)?

He is a running back that has the ability to play in the slot.

He was returning punts today at Drum. Ran a few plays as well

When Brisly is healthy he should be returning punts. Looks like Erv is next up god forbid something serious happens to Estime. Think Erv will be full time KR though.

anomander said:
His position is playmaker. You could see him at both rb and slot this year as well as returning kicks.

Exactly. He needs to be used in a number of ways. Doesn't have the body to take the physical pounding of an every-down back. But he's just the kind of player we need: a playmaker.

The kid might not be as fast as Brisley, but might be more explosive.

He totally abused Sloan on the last play of the scrimmage for about a 30 yard T.D. run.

He was running straight Sloan and had one of the fastest back steps and hit the seem on the outside for the run. Thing of beauty!!!!!

Sloan is going to have night mares over this play.

Teflon IRV

When I saw his high school highlight film I was impressed. He has a smooth shiftiness that I like to see in a RB.

I'm no expert evaluator and I'm not sure about the quality of the competition he was playing against, but he looked good.

Looking forward to seeing him play. If not much this year, then in the next couple seasons. I was a little surprised that his only other offer was temple. I mean no uconnn, bc, or even an FCS? Not that it matters, glad he's here!

When Brisly is healthy he should be returning punts. Looks like Erv is next up god forbid something serious happens to Estime. Think Erv will be full time KR though.
I dont know how anyone can tell that Estime should be returning punts off one play that was really done on speed alone. Can you really find one play last year that he made someone miss him on a tackle? He is fast but does he make plays? the coaches may know it but i dont think as fans we have seen it.. AB has shown the ability to make people miss but no other rcvr has and its been years really since we had a playmaker on the outside.

I dont know how anyone can tell that Estime should be returning punts off one play that was really done on speed alone. Can you really find one play last year that he made someone miss him on a tackle? He is fast but does he make plays? the coaches may know it but i dont think as fans we have seen it.. AB has shown the ability to make people miss but no other rcvr has and its been years really since we had a playmaker on the outside.
Never post before your morning coffee ;-)

In yesterday's practice video, there's a shot of him using his speed to turn the corner. I had no idea who he was, but immediately went to SUA to pull up the roster and see who #14 was. I think we're going to like watching him.

WAT? :confused:

I remember him making the first and sometimes second guy miss on multiple bubble screens. I think he is exactly the type of player you want on punt return as long as he is consistently fielding it. :noidea:

Last edited:
In yesterday's practice video, there's a shot of him using his speed to turn the corner. I had no idea who he was, but immediately went to SUA to pull up the roster and see who #14 was. I think we're going to like watching him.

which video?

Looking forward to seeing him play. If not much this year, then in the next couple seasons. I was a little surprised that his only other offer was temple. I mean no uconnn, bc, or even an FCS? Not that it matters, glad he's here!

I think that had more to do with his grades than anything, he was a qualifying risk the whole time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom