ESPN APP vs WatchESPN APP | Syracusefan.com

ESPN APP vs WatchESPN APP

Forza Azzurri

All American
Can someone please explain the difference to me?

We were down in Florida last week visiting University of Miami for my daughter.

We wanted to watch the SU game so I went to the WatchESPN app - no game.

Then my son, bless his heart, informs me that the game is on the regular ESPN app (how he knew this I have no idea)...so I downloaded it and we watched it there...

Why would the ACC network be on one and not the other?????

I have no idea, but to expand on it, what is the difference between HBOGo and HBO NOW?

Then my son, bless his heart, informs me that the game is on the regular ESPN app (how he knew this I have no idea)...so I downloaded it and we watched it there...

I think you would need to update your WatchESPN app. This was also frustrating me, but ACC network appeared after an app update.

I have no idea, but to expand on it, what is the difference between HBOGo and HBO NOW?

HBO Go is for accessing HBO content for those who have a cable or satellite subscription. You use your cable or satellite credentials to login to authenticate your subscription.

HBO Now is for those who have "cut the cord" (i.e., do not have a cable or satellite subscription), and is a standalone method to access HBO content through mobile or online.

I think you would need to update your WatchESPN app. This was also frustrating me, but ACC network appeared after an app update.

Merci Beaucoup...I will try that...

If that happens again just type Syracuse in the search bar (after you go to "basketball") and the game will pop up. Same thing happened to me, but the search did the trick.

ACC network is absolutely on watchespn so try and update or uninstall and reinstall

What's the difference between the UConn men's basketball team and a middle school JV basketball team?

I don't know either.

The regular ESPN app just has scores and stats.

You need the WatchESPN app to watch the game.

The regular ESPN app now has a tab on the bottom to get you into the watchespn section. That's why some are confused. I just go straight into actual watchespn app to watch games. Everyone should be using the Score mobile for scores and alerts anyways.

yeah just need to get the most recent version of the app

My best suggestion for watching games on WatchESPN: Get a ChromeCast. Start the game on your phone, then "cast" it to your TV (there is a "cast" icon on the app). Works great for me. I can even comment in the game thread on my phone while "casting" the game. No lag. No buffering. My internet speed is decent though.

This difference is pissing me off too. I c ant find any of our games on my xbox espn app

My best suggestion for watching games on WatchESPN: Get a ChromeCast. Start the game on your phone, then "cast" it to your TV (there is a "cast" icon on the app). Works great for me. I can even comment in the game thread on my phone while "casting" the game. No lag. No buffering. My internet speed is decent though.
yep this is how I've been watching them and they've all been good quality - like you say though, decent internet speed is required

I don't believe this is true...we watched the game directly on the ESPN app because we were unable to find it on the WatchESPN app...

I don't believe this is true...we watched the game directly on the ESPN app because we were unable to find it on the WatchESPN app...
well, again, as noted in one of the posts above - you actually navigated to the WatchESPN app from the basic espn app

I am the most technologically challenged person on this board (perhaps) but my chromecast device plus recent WatchESPN app on my ipad has been gold for me. A woman in the Philippines spent an hour helping me get my chromecast up and running. So, I plus in my chromecast device to my tv, set it to HDM2, then click on the Watch ESPN app on my iPad. Up at the top there is a little square box that I tap to have it "cast." When I do that, the WatchESPN logo appears on the tv. Once I see that, I type in basketball under Sport and the menu takes me to all the live games playing. However, I have wanted to watch the replay, so I tap on that and it takes me there. The picture on my tv is perfect!

Disclaimer: I resent the hell out of needing to go through this process.

well, again, as noted in one of the posts above - you actually navigated to the WatchESPN app from the basic espn app

I see. I noted what 690 wrote but thought it did not apply since I clicked on the game itself and not a tab at the bottom of the page.

So, I guess that, by clicking on the game itself, it automatically took me into the WatchESPN app..

I know I'm probably treading into the "What was the problem and why did the reboot fix it?" territory to which the answer always seems to be a shrug of the shoulders and a "It just does.', but if the game was in the Watchespn app (which it had to be if the ESPN app took me to the WatchESPN app to see the game), the why would an update be required to see that particular game?

Any ideas?

Sorry but, when I don't understand something, I like to try and get someone to help me figure it out. It just seems strange that an update would prevent me from seeing one (possibly more?) games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom