ESPN/ College BB best fanbase article | Syracusefan.com

ESPN/ College BB best fanbase article

Flacusian

All Conference
ESPN runs an article which places Louisville as having the best fanbase. Hmmm. That got me thinking which is something that few ESPN articles prompts me to do. You have to wonder what the criteria is for making an assertion like "best fanbase in college basketball".

For me, a few things come to mind. 1. Syracuse either has the number #1 or #2 attendance figures for home games year after year. 2. ESPN and it's minions always claim the Syracuse games played at the Garden and... well pretty much anywhere within a 3,500 mile radius which are not on the actual home court of the opposing team, are essentially, Syracuse home games. This actually begs several other questions. Does it do so because there is typically a vastly disparate proportion of Syracuse fans at those games than that of the opposing teams? If so, why does that not figure into ESPN's idiotic assessment of who has the best fan base? It's obvious that everywhere Syracuse plays, fans come out in droves wearing Orange and often chanting "Let's go ORANGE" at decibel levels which essentially drown out any noise made by the opposing team.

I've been to Syracuse games at "Neutral Sites" actually in close proximity to the opposing teams home location where the size of the Orange presence was an embarrassment to opposing team. Any reasonable person would then assume that the attendance figures for those games could be added to the attendance figures of the Syracuse home games which were played in the Dome. That would easily put us well ahead of Kentucky... and hell we aren't even talking about Kentucky here, we are talking about Kentucky's ugly step child, "Louisville".

Considering all of this, and in the midst of my musings, I got to thinking about the "Syracuse, New York's College Team". It would seem that although true, it is too modest of a proclamation. You see, everywhere you go in America there is a plethora of Syracuse fandom. Hell, the CUSE is ubiquitous! Move over Cowboys, you're horrible, and much less deserving of what you claim to be and in actuality is the moniker only appropriate to be designated to one team in the land!

"Syracuse, America's Team"

You know how this study was made, right?

Hint...Arkansas is in the top 5

OT - I have taken to pronouncing Arkansas, "Ar Kansas" instead of "Ar Kansaw". Just thought people should know that.

OT - I have taken to pronouncing Arkansas, "Ar Kansas" instead of "Ar Kansaw". Just thought people should know that.
If you lived in Kansas, that's the way you'd pronounce it if you were referring to Arkansas City.

Techincally "Ar-Kansas" is correct. I've spent a few weeks in Fayetteville the past two summers. The old timers say that's how it is supposed to be.

Considering all of this, and in the midst of my musings, I got to thinking about the "Syracuse, New York's College Team". It would seem that although true, it is too modest of a proclamation. You see, everywhere you go in America there is a plethora of Syracuse fandom. Hell, the CUSE is ubiquitous! Move over Cowboys, you're horrible, and much less deserving of what you claim to be and in actuality is the moniker only appropriate to be designated to one team in the land!

"Syracuse, America's Team"

You are thinking too small. Reference my signature... The Otto-man Empire has no borders on this globe!

Techincally "Ar-Kansas" is correct. I've spent a few weeks in Fayetteville the past two summers. The old timers say that's how it is supposed to be.
Been thru there. Heat & humidity during the very long Arkansas summer typically a few hash marks > repressive. Flying hoard will carry you away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom