ESPN, FOX and Warner Bros. Discovery Forming Joint Venture to Launch Streaming Sports Service | Syracusefan.com

ESPN, FOX and Warner Bros. Discovery Forming Joint Venture to Launch Streaming Sports Service

The platform would aggregate content to offer fans an extensive, dynamic lineup of sports content, aiming to provide a new and differentiated experience to serve sports fans, particularly those outside of the traditional pay TV bundle.

By subscribing to this focused, all-in-one premier sports service, fans would have access to the linear sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+.

College Sports
Thousands of games and events, multiple sports, across nearly two dozen conferences, including:

ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, SEC | 40 NCAA Championship Events |

NCAA Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tournaments |

The College Football Playoff

The platform would aggregate content to offer fans an extensive, dynamic lineup of sports content, aiming to provide a new and differentiated experience to serve sports fans, particularly those outside of the traditional pay TV bundle.

By subscribing to this focused, all-in-one premier sports service, fans would have access to the linear sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+.

College Sports
Thousands of games and events, multiple sports, across nearly two dozen conferences, including:

ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, SEC | 40 NCAA Championship Events |

NCAA Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tournaments |

The College Football Playoff
Curious that the network with the Super Bowl on Sunday, the MBB NCAA Finals, The Masters, etc, etc is not included in this.

Curious that the network with the Super Bowl on Sunday, the MBB NCAA Finals, The Masters, etc, etc is not included in this.
Paramount+ is likely going to merge with one of the bigger streamers, I could see Warner Bros. acquiring it.

Ala carte is the wave of the future and will save everyone so much$$$$!!

Wait, we are just going to bundle everything back together again
Aye, it’s still better than paying $180 and being on hold for 4 days while some intern talks you through 18 options for staying w cable

It was always about choice and freedom - and the new system, while problematic - provides that. If they start saying you only can get all this stuff in an overpriced bundle, the same market forces that broke up the cable bundle will break up the next one

I’m an out of towner that switched from DirecTV to YouTube TV simply because they now have the NFL Sunday Ticket,.Anyone know my best option to get all the Yankees games this season?Always had the MLB extra innings package but YouTube doesn’t offer that.

I’m an out of towner that switched from DirecTV to YouTube TV simply because they now have the NFL Sunday Ticket,.Anyone know my best option to get all the Yankees games this season?Always had the MLB extra innings package but YouTube doesn’t offer that.
You can subscribe to The Yes Network on its own app now. It’s not cheap though. $24.99/month, I think.

Aye, it’s still better than paying $180 and being on hold for 4 days while some intern talks you through 18 options for staying w cable

It was always about choice and freedom - and the new system, while problematic - provides that. If they start saying you only can get all this stuff in an overpriced bundle, the same market forces that broke up the cable bundle will break up the next one
No one should be paying $180 for cable TV alone. I’m assuming that’s your bill for TV + Internet + phone.

You can get decent cable packages for $70 bucks. And that’s what it’s going to cost if you buy this new service and tack on Peacock, Paramount+ and Amazon to fill in the gaps.

If you’re outside the NY market (broadly speaking) you buy MLB.tv. In market you buy YES.
Ok so that’s basically the same as what I was getting with the extra innings package?Im not real tech savvy.

You can get all that over the air

Ok so that’s basically the same as what I was getting with the extra innings package?Im not real tech savvy.

Now that you're YouTube TV, you just order MLB.tv directly thru MLB.com, and you watch the games on the MLB app. Unless it's one of the national games on ESPN or TBS, then you go through YTTV.

Only problem for me personally is that YTTV doesn't carry MASN and I live in the DC area. So if the Yankees are playing the Orioles or Nationals, there's no way to watch at home. MLB app blacks them out and my 'TV provider' doesn't carry the channel.

I still get SNY on Hulu Live TV.
Yeah, that's what I am on, but I miss YouTube TV. I left them when they dropped SNY. If I could subscribe to SNY directly, I would return to YouTube TV. First world problems. Sigh...

yeah if you live outside the state of NY and you're decently far away from NYC (meaning closer to another MLB team sans Mets) your best option is likely MLB TV

Now that you're YouTube TV, you just order MLB.tv directly thru MLB.com, and you watch the games on the MLB app. Unless it's one of the national games on ESPN or TBS, then you go through YTTV.

Only problem for me personally is that YTTV doesn't carry MASN and I live in the DC area. So if the Yankees are playing the Orioles or Nationals, there's no way to watch at home. MLB app blacks them out and my 'TV provider' doesn't carry the channel.

Yeah unfortunately a lot of the streaming options (although I think Hulu Live has YES) are getting rid of the RSNs. YTTV has lost both SNY and YES in back to back baseball seasons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom