ESPN, FOX and Warner Bros. Discovery Forming Joint Venture to Launch Streaming Sports Service | Syracusefan.com

ESPN, FOX and Warner Bros. Discovery Forming Joint Venture to Launch Streaming Sports Service

The platform would aggregate content to offer fans an extensive, dynamic lineup of sports content, aiming to provide a new and differentiated experience to serve sports fans, particularly those outside of the traditional pay TV bundle.

By subscribing to this focused, all-in-one premier sports service, fans would have access to the linear sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+.

College Sports
Thousands of games and events, multiple sports, across nearly two dozen conferences, including:

ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, SEC | 40 NCAA Championship Events |

NCAA Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tournaments |

The College Football Playoff

This will probably lead to me finally cancelling cable. We have loads of channels we don't watch and just about every streaming service and it's a big waste. Syracuse games and other sports have been a major reason I continue to have Spectrum even though they suck.

The platform would aggregate content to offer fans an extensive, dynamic lineup of sports content, aiming to provide a new and differentiated experience to serve sports fans, particularly those outside of the traditional pay TV bundle.

By subscribing to this focused, all-in-one premier sports service, fans would have access to the linear sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+.

College Sports
Thousands of games and events, multiple sports, across nearly two dozen conferences, including:

ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, SEC | 40 NCAA Championship Events |

NCAA Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tournaments |

The College Football Playoff

Aka "The Housewives of NIL"

Yeah, this will suck. I'm sure that there will still be carve outs, and your $19/mo or whatever it ends up being will allow someone to watch 90% of the games, or less, and have to shell out monthly subscriptions for 18 different apps and streaming platforms.

Yeah, this will suck. I'm sure that there will still be carve outs, and your $19/mo or whatever it ends up being will allow someone to watch 90% of the games, or less, and have to shell out monthly subscriptions for 18 different apps and streaming platforms.

$10.99 one-time fee for the ACC Tournament package in addition to the monthly.

Sounds like a merger between ESPN and Fox Sports is well underway. Just in time to have a monopoly bidding on the new expanded college football playoff.

If this happens, I would expect the massive windfall the B1G and SEC expected from the new playoff package is not going to happen. Look for haircuts for all the conferences on the next round of contracts.

I can hear the B1G and SEC lobbyists calling Congress to stop this already.

Heard this is being bankrolled by large 80-1 leveraged loans by swaps held by Bill Hwang.

What's with all the pictures, Wang. It's a parking lot.

1707262591527.png

If this happens, I would expect the massive windfall the B1G and SEC expected from the new playoff package is not going to happen. Look for haircuts for all the conferences on the next round of contracts.
In other words, that ACC deal is looking better every day?

Dolan charges $30/mo. just to watch the Knicks and Rangers.

This might make cutting the cord more viable but nobody will be saving any money.

Agreed, at the end of the day what you used to watch on cable is going to end up costing you about the same as what you used to pay, but this seems to offer convenience, one bill for all college sports, which is important to me.

Agreed, at the end of the day what you used to watch on cable is going to end up costing you about the same as what you used to pay, but this seems to offer convenience, one bill for all college sports, which is important to me.
A lot of progress has been made from the days of one giant bill from cable and if this happens, it will be another step forward.

If it does happen, and ESPN and Fox stay as separate entities, I hope you have some control over what you buy. I wouldn't pay for Fox for instance, but it would be nice to get all the ESPN stuff and have freedom to go with whatever Internet solution I wanted.

This will probably lead to me finally cancelling cable. We have loads of channels we don't watch and just about every streaming service and it's a big waste. Syracuse games and other sports have been a major reason I continue to have Spectrum even though they suck.
Definitely cancel cable, but YTTV gets you almost all of cable and all of this streaming stuff for like $17 more. Do it on XFINITY internet and switch to XFINITY mobile and you’ll save money. Same VZW network.

44cuse

I need NIL to pay for my streaming subs...

I am going to call it now, initial monthly price $34.99/mo

Will be $45.99 within a year of launch.
That is exactly what the NYT thinks it’ll be. I for one am fine with it. Antenna + this service will get you every ACC carried game for basketball and football.

This can’t pass anti-trust muster.
I think they’ll be fine so long as they don’t take their service off cable. Consumer choice is still there, if anything this broadens options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom