espn QBR | Syracusefan.com

espn QBR

Millhouse

Living Legend
great example of letting perfect be the enemy of the good.

no transparency + insanely complex = charlie batch has the best game ever? 186 yards and 2 picks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...6-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

regular old passer rating is complex but transparent

adjusted yards per attempt is simple and transparent.

keep this stuff in mind when looking at advanced analytics done on some guy's spreadsheet and dumped on a site. if no one can replicate it, how are you supposed to find errors?

SU gets some run with the Tannard Jackson mention.

no transparency + insanely complex = charlie batch has the best game ever? 186 yards and 2 picks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...6-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

keep this stuff in mind when looking at advanced analytics done on some guy's spreadsheet and dumped on a site. if no one can replicate it, how are you supposed to find errors?
same old same old. ratings are flawed. that's why i pay no attention to them.

same old same old. ratings are flawed. that's why i pay no attention to them.
you should pay attention to simple transparent ratings.

ESPN QBR says Ryan Fitzpatrick has had a better year than Tom Brady this season. LOL I never realized this stat was flawed.

ESPN QBR says Ryan Fitzpatrick has had a better year than Tom Brady this season. LOL I never realized this stat was flawed.
he's also much more handsome. iiiiiiiiii will always love fitz iiiiiiiii will allllways

Simmons brought this up on his last podcast. I had no idea how ridiculous it was.

Simmons brought this up on his last podcast. I had no idea how ridiculous it was.
i love adjusted yards per attempt. they convert tds and ints into positive and negative yards and include it with regular yards divided by attempts. super simple. you can also include sacks if you assume that's on the QB but i don't share that assumption

i would love to see these guys that do it for a living do the regressions and figure out what the value of a rushing yard compared to a passing yard. we all know it's worth more but how much. maybe then you could essentially turn QB runs into passes. you could adjust for first down conversions too but that starts to get you down the QBR rabbit hole where you're trying to evaluate down and distance and field position and how far the pass goes and then you have a mess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom