Every NON-SEC team should REFUSE to schedule any SEC team ever again... | Syracusefan.com

Every NON-SEC team should REFUSE to schedule any SEC team ever again...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
FSU hasnt lost in two years and had to "sneak in". How is a Boise or UCF or Marshall etc ever going to get in? Last year FSU blew everyone out and the media was like, "Ohh the ACC sucks". This year they blow no one out, all the games are close, and the result is the same, "Ohh the ACC sucks". If the talking heads are going to give the SEC every single benefit of the doubt, then em. Let them play themselves for their own trophy. Dont schedule them.

Could you imagine if FSU was left out of this? WHy even play the games? If you beat everyone on your schedule only to be told, we dont think your good enough. This system is awful

For this year I am thinking some of the off field shenanigans have turned people off to FSU but I get your point. 'All' they have done is win every game.

Alabama would destroy Florida state...but Oregon is going to beat them to it.

I think the "FSU might not be worthy" talk by all the talking heads was largely hype to create an exploitable narrative for the college football media. ESPN needs some BS to bludgeon us with. Controversy always works.

We'll see. FSU has the ability to "turn it on" when needed. Oregon hasn't faced athletes like FSU has.

This year's FSU's D is quite a bit different than last year's D, which is susceptible against good offensive schemes. Oregon has a good offense and will score on FSU's D. The question is whether FSU can, similarly, score against Oregon's D to keep pace.

I think it will be a shoot-out and probably fun to watch.

(Now that I've said that, it will be a defensive struggle ... lol. I can never call these things right, lol).

But the ACC does suck, or at least did this year.

A bowl-eligible ACC team (VPI) is widely admitted by everyone to suck fwiw.

But the ACC does suck, or at least did this year.

A bowl-eligible ACC team (VPI) is widely admitted by everyone to suck fwiw.

Why do you think the ACC is so terrible?

Though still funny to knock an ACC team that happened to hand a playoff team it's only loss.

FSU, GT, Clemson and Louisville are all legitimate top 25 teams. UNC, Duke and BC can give most teams a game. Pitt, Virginia Tech, Miami and NC State are all decent and are 10-12 with just us, Wake and Virginia holding the conference down. Looks to me like this is a pretty deep league with only a couple bad teams and two legitimate top 10 teams.

ACC is not the SEC but they are a lot better this year.
Florida State and Georgia Tech are top 10 teams
Clemson and Louisville are top 25 teams
Duke, Boston College have done well this year
NC State, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Pitt are mediocre though.

PoppyHart said:
But the ACC does suck, or at least did this year. A bowl-eligible ACC team (VPI) is widely admitted by everyone to suck fwiw.

10-7 out of conference, 3 out of 4 vs SEC? Don't think so.

Somebody in Vegas doesn't think much of the ACC. Has anybody checked out the lines on some of these games?

That's the point. If it's such a terrible loss it doesn't speak highly of the ACC's depth. Can't have it both ways.
VPI is a below average ACC team that beat a top 4 team in the country. That doesn't support your contention the ACC sucks. It doesn't. For my money, it's a much stronger conference than the B1G or the Pac12. SEC And Big 12 are only P5 clearly better.

I think the "FSU might not be worthy" talk by all the talking heads was largely hype to create an exploitable narrative for the college football media. ESPN needs some BS to bludgeon us with. Controversy always works.
Exactly. This is all about viewers and money.

We'll see. FSU has the ability to "turn it on" when needed. Oregon hasn't faced athletes like FSU has.
Exactly. This year hasn't looked pretty, but they still haven't lost in over 2 years. I think that this year's team plays to their opponent. I expect them to surprise many a doubter. I don't know if they will win out on the left coast, but I do think that the game will be competitive, albeit high scoring.

That's the point. If it's such a terrible loss it doesn't speak highly of the ACC's depth. Can't have it both ways.
I call shenanigans on your circular logic, if VPI is so bad then What is OSU doing in the playoff? Can't have it both ways.

Somebody in Vegas doesn't think much of the ACC. Has anybody checked out the lines on some of these games?
Somebody in Vegas also thought we'd beat MD and give Pitt/BC a game. Doesn't mean manure.

Bama might not get past OSU lol. Then again they might hang fiddy on 'em! Aint in great? Not your opinion, not mine, not anyone's really is going to decide this year's NC.

B.S. If Rapist Jameis is allowed to play, FSU will beat Oregon. I took the +8 last night. FSU w/o Jamies may not win, but with him, the win this one by 10.

I call shenanigans on your circular logic, if VPI is so bad then What is OSU doing in the playoff? Can't have it both ways.

But I think VPI isn't bad. (Not that they are great). I'm just repeating the popular refrain that Va. Tech sucks and pointing out the irony. They are an average team imo. Just as capable of pulling off an upset as WVU, Miami, Arkansas etc...

B.S. If Rapist Jameis is allowed to play, FSU will beat Oregon. I took the +8 last night. FSU w/o Jamies may not win, but with him, the win this one by 10.

Lol