Experimental baseball rule change | Syracusefan.com

Experimental baseball rule change

I don't mind change, but this is just ridiculous to me. You've had to actually earn your way on base for 150 years! I really like Joe Torre but this is not one of his better ideas. It would be absurd for this to get any further than this.

Report: MLB to experiment new extra-innings rules in minor leagues
Terrible idea. What percentage of games actually go to extra innings anyway, and what percentage of those actually go beyond another two innings? It reminds me of the college football overtime rules in that it turns the inherent structure of the game on its head.

What-You-just-onkaip.jpg

its been used on softball for a long time hasnt it?

Yes, because in tournament play, the current game has to finish so the next one, and then the next one, etc, can begin. There are realistic time constraints. It's worth a try at a lower level to "see what it looks like." The reality is that there are many teams who have to travel long distances, and prolonged extra-inning games can have an impact on travel schedules, but also the pitching staff. And NOBODY has enough good pitching these days. :noidea:

Maybe we can have a guy aiming rocket lauchers at him him as he attempts to get to home plate, that could speed up the game.

Until they consider allowing fielders to peg the runner with the ball in order to record an out, they really aren't looking at truly forward thinking rule changes.

What is happening there?? Did the ball hit a bird or something? The ball looks like it is falling straight down out of the sky?

Probably something in the dome's roof structure ...

Probably something in the dome's roof structure ...
I think it actually hit GaGa as she was practicing her jump for the Super Bowl halftime show.