Explosion: Hands untied--This May be For Real: Realignment by Conference not Teams | Syracusefan.com

Explosion: Hands untied--This May be For Real: Realignment by Conference not Teams

arbitragegls

All Conference
Okay, just received word from source that I can talk this...and to provide a link for you all to read. What is taking place is a forum of conferences to discuss possible alliance...and guess who the bedfellows may be: ACC, Big 12 and the Pac 12. I know, amazing if it comes about because it just may stop conference expansion! Apparently, as I have been told, this has been under consideration for a month or so and is a primary reason why nothing has been heard/leaked on the ACC's negotiation with ESPN. If something like this alliance was to take place, there would be little if any team movement but rather conference allignment to work together to maximize dollars for their alliance.
NOTE THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL. I have been told by source, that the Big 12 will be discussing this coming week and that the ACC has already held preliminary discussions with its universities. This could become the BIGGEST COLLEGE SPORTS EVENTS OF THE NEW DECADE AND NEW BCS. Stand-by for additional updates.

Link: (notice where it is first announced: CBSSports.com)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...king-to-partner-up-with-acc-two-other-leagues

do you have any more details about what kind of arrangements would be made between the conferences ?

Okay, just received word from source that I can talk this...and to provide a link for you all to read. What is taking place is a forum of conferences to discuss possible alliance...and guess who the bedfellows may be: ACC, Big 12 and the Pac 12. I know, amazing if it comes about because it just may stop conference expansion! Apparently, as I have been told, this has been under consideration for a month or so and is a primary reason why nothing has been heard/leaked on the ACC's negotiation with ESPN. If something like this alliance was to take place, there would be little if any team movement but rather conference allignment to work together to maximize dollars for their alliance.
NOTE THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL. I have been told by source, that the Big 12 will be discussing this coming week and that the ACC has already held preliminary discussions with its universities. This could become the BIGGEST COLLEGE SPORTS EVENTS OF THE NEW DECADE AND NEW BCS. Stand-by for additional updates.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21614091/report-big-12-looking-to-partner-up-with-acc-two-other-leagues[/quote]

I would assume the CBS Sports point is caused by the fact that Dennis Dodd and Brett McMurphy, Big XII homers, are at CBS Sports unless your source is saying CBS Sports is a player in it. Those two guys always get Big XII stuff first.

Interesting, in that it always seemed that the Pac-12 and B1G were joined at the hip. If this happens, not so much.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...king-to-partner-up-with-acc-two-other-leagues
would this include a shared network? You would have tons of content?

Why didn't the Dude see this coming? Is this why MHVer3 bailed?

What does this mean for WVU?

Oh -- the humanity!

Scheduling alliance ... the BigXII needs OOC games against other BCS teams and wants to make nice with the ACC.

Why didn't the Dude see this coming? Is this why MHVer3 bailed?

What does this mean for WVU?

Oh -- the humanity!

They can all join the cast of Buckwild?

20120521_buck_wild_1677_r_620x350.jpg

For the fourth conference...would the big east or mtn west be better?

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

damn, this is exploding all over the land...actually I would welcome it for the peace it may bring to all this BS that continues on and becomes a roller coaster ride. May be there is sanity in all this...that would be amazing.

Caveat Emptor

Proposed alliances in the past have ended in hostile takeovers. (Big 8/SWC)

Interesting, in that it always seemed that the Pac-12 and B1G were joined at the hip. If this happens, not so much.

b10 and pac12 had a failed alliance just last year. happened right after PSU story broke.

That gets Texas and Notre Dame together if that happens, and would effectively box in the Big 10 if the 4th conference was the SEC. ESPN has the LHN, working on the SEC network, Pac 12 has launched could channel all into 1 giant network, backed by ESPN would outflank the Big 10 network with better content all-around. Could channel the content to fit any area of the country, and big games from out of the area could be pay-per view at a small price like movies.

If this were to happen, uconn and Cincy would be epically .

That gets Texas and Notre Dame together if that happens, and would effectively box in the Big 10 if the 4th conference was the SEC. ESPN has the LHN, working on the SEC network, Pac 12 has launched could channel all into 1 giant network, backed by ESPN would outflank the Big 10 network with better content all-around. Could channel the content to fit any area of the country, and big games from out of the area could be pay-per view at a small price like movies.

This.

And they're sitting there with Rutgers and Maryland. Ooops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom