Class of 2020 - F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

Never thought we’d get someone of Davis’ caliber to be willing to come off the bench. Would be a pretty massive get considering!
I think the idea is more of a 3-forward rotation with Bell and Freeman. Just by averaging, that’s 25-30mpg each. Freeman isn’t gonna play 30-35 mpg as a freshman.

I think the idea is more of a 3-forward rotation with Bell and Freeman. Just by averaging, that’s 25-30mpg each. Freeman isn’t gonna play 30-35 mpg as a freshman.
I think the ideal is more about having a versatile lineup that will allow Red to play multiple lineup combinations based on match ups.

Sounds like Xavier may be our biggest competition at the moment, a legit program but not Duke or U Conn or anything. Fingers crossed
We should beat Xavier for a recruit 100 times out of 100. Period.

Unless they're offering starter minutes and we aren't. In which case, it's on the young man to decide.

But if all things are equal, there's no way we should have trouble beating Xavier out for a recruit. If that continues to happen, we have some bigger issues.

Promising
They both grew up in the Philly metro area and are only a year apart. I am sure they know each other and have played together in the past.

They both grew up in the Philly metro area and are only a year apart. I am sure they know each other and have played together in the past.

Wow so at one time back then he was on Duke’s radar? Interesting.

Also went same HS as Cooney

Unless they're offering starter minutes and we aren't. In which case, it's on the young man to decide.

But if all things are equal, there's no way we should have trouble beating Xavier out for a recruit. If that continues to happen, we have some bigger issues.
Reid Ducharme

However that was at the end of days of JB non- recruiting, recruiting

Reid Ducharme

However that was at the end of days of JB non- recruiting, recruiting
He wanted to come to Cuse, and JB held him off, I think for Elmarko Jackson who ultimately went to Kansas, and Ducharme’s camp didn’t like it so he picked Xavier. I would have been fine taking him at the time, but given his lack of production and fact he is transferring it worked out for the best.

McLeod always seems upbeat.

Yeah, but what about MacCloud?

(Or however numerous posters constantly misspell his last name)

The Highlander can be a valuable rotation piece in combination with Big Eddie.

We wouldn’t have to worry about getting Big Boyed in the middle
(That’s what she said?)
for 40 minutes a game.

Ten years ago I would agree with you
Now? Not so much

McLeod should be a penetrating guards dream. The lob was there all the time but our guards never gave it to him. I could never figure why they didn’t just lob it to the him.

McLeod should be a penetrating guards dream. The lob was there all the time but our guards never gave it to him. I could never figure why they didn’t just lob it to the him.
jaquan carlos throwing that lob everytime..

Ten years ago I would agree with you
Now? Not so much
Why?

We are a name brand, much more exposure, more fans, better league from top to bottom (in my opinion).

The last 5 years have been awful. The 5 years before that, we were at least relevant, made the tournament, made a Final Four, Sweet 16. While not up to my standard, we were still at least competitive.

We took a step to being competitive again this past year. We beat a top 20 team for the first time in what, 3 years? We have massive roster turnover, but that's not unlike many other programs.