Class of 2020 - F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

Options. How many choices do you think they had at the 5? I could have asked Gisele to my prom, but she wasn't going to go with me, ya know?

You take who you can get.

Hopefully this helps Bell and Freeman. I don't think it will that much, but I'm not the coach.

Lampkin's block % and steal % are minuscule. His defensive metrics are not good for where he plays.

I can't imagine anyone seeing his stats from last year and actually thinking this guy was going to do something on defense for us. So it has to be all offense. But a big at that size with a PER under 20 isn't a guy you build around (it's 16.1!!!!).

So, why'd they get him? You take the date that says yes, that's why.
I think you're dead wrong. They had him locked up before the Elite Eight. Since Lampkin committed a dozen high level centers have entered the portal.

I think Red really liked something Lampkin does and got their man.

You don't run out and hire the candidate you are indifferent toward. You wait and keep them on a string until you don't get the guy you want.

Like my son ordering General Tso's chicken at a Chinese restaurant, Red didn't even look at the full menu... He knew he wanted the chicken.

EDIT: Yes, I called Lampkin a chicken

I think the hope is Lampkin can get the rebound and make the outlet pass. No doubt he won't be winning many foot races but if our C is the first guy down the floor we've probably got other issues going on lol.

Having said that, I have many fond memories of Fab Melo out running centers down the floor for easy buckets.
And hustling to get in position to take a charge. He was a maestro at that. Never saw a 7-footer who could draw a charge like guard.

Lampkin is going to have Onuaku syndrome where guys are going to bounce off him and all of a sudden there’s a whistle…just because.

The roster lacked an interior scoring threat (fatal flaw) and a big body who could defend the post. Maliq was a uniquely skilled player, but he was neither of those things. This was not a Lampkin for Maliq trade. It was an attempt to address a deficiency.

The roster lacked an interior scoring threat (fatal flaw) and a big body who could defend the post. Maliq was a uniquely skilled player, but he was neither of those things. This was not a Lampkin for Maliq trade. It was an attempt to address a deficiency.
That’s exactly how I viewed it. We needed an interior/post scoring threat. Lampkin is a big kid, so you figure he can only play like 25mpg and stay fresh (AO logged similar minutes). That’s why I thought Maliq would return to play 15 mpg at center and 15 mpg at PF (with Donnie at 25 mpg at PF).

I KNEW IT!!!!
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

It’s hilarious we have to decipher athletes cryptic tweets but it’s modern day reality.

Essentially it means we added a dude, could be two dudes, could be three. Could be Eddie lampkin is one of them and Davis and leffew the others. Overall we landed minimum one dude who’s visited this weekend.

I can’t believe I just typed that and have confidence behind what I said lol