Fantastic crowd yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Fantastic crowd yesterday

Syracuse needs to do a better job advertising the games. There is no reason they can't consistently get 8k+ to a Saturday afternoon game. I was in the Dome and it was rocking with 5.5k in attendance. The Albany game had about 8.5k in attendance and was really noisy. It would be great if SU put up a billboard or two and spent some $$ on advertising. A home game attendance of 8-10k would be awesome!

Syracuse needs to do a better job advertising the games. There is no reason they can't consistently get 8k+ to a Saturday afternoon game. I was in the Dome and it was rocking with 5.5k in attendance. The Albany game had about 8.5k in attendance and was really noisy. It would be great if SU put up a billboard or two and spent some $$ on advertising. A home game attendance of 8-10k would be awesome!

UAlbany attendance was 7,238. At least 1,200 were Albany fans.

Tough to expect 10k on a holiday weekend for a game that's on TV.

Sounded like a football game on my tv yesterday. Those that were there...great job!

When Solomon picked up that ball at midfield to start the fast break it was electric!

We had family in from out of town that are lax fans and were going to going but each family would of spent at least $70 just on tickets and parking not even counting snacks/drinks for 8 kids.. I know it was "premium" game and some games are cheaper but still think $70 is a little much for lax for a family of 5 especially when it was on TV

Quint Kessenich commented a couple of times about the crowd and its understanding of the game.
I don't ever recall Quint having much good to say about Syracuse but he was plain about appreciating fans that understand the game on several occasions.

I have complained enough about him and must give kudos to him when he is right.

We had family in from out of town that are lax fans and were going to going but each family would of spent at least $70 just on tickets and parking not even counting snacks/drinks for 8 kids.. I know it was "premium" game and some games are cheaper but still think $70 is a little much for lax for a family of 5 especially when it was on TV

The prices are too high. $15 for adults and $10 for kids is too much. Then you have the concessions, it turns into a $125 day easily.

$10 or $7 for adults would be more reasonable. Heck, aren’t football tickets like $20 or $25??

UAlbany attendance was 7,238. At least 1,200 were Albany fans.

Tough to expect 10k on a holiday weekend for a game that's on TV.

I thought Albany has more attendance. Still, 7200 is a good number. The TV and streaming coverage is a good thing overall. I just think too many people are not going to pay the ticket prices SU is commanding. SU should do a family package or game package. 4 premium games for $45 instead of $60.

The prices are too high. $15 for adults and $10 for kids is too much. Then you have the concessions, it turns into a $125 day easily.

$10 or $7 for adults would be more reasonable. Heck, aren’t football tickets like $20 or $25??
They made the Premium games $15 for adults. I agree its a little pricy for lax especially. I agree with the prices you suggested. Should be a max of $5 for kids.

FWIW, I took my son to the Yale-Princeton game last weekend in New Haven and the walk up price was $14 for adults and $8 for kids. Not sure what other venues are priced at but SU seems to be in line with Yale, at least.

They made the Premium games $15 for adults. I agree its a little pricy for lax especially. I agree with the prices you suggested. Should be a max of $5 for kids.

That's a little more than a movie for the top flight teams. Really not bad.

Its the parking which is a killer. I could be wrong but think that many D 1 schools do not charge for the parking. As others have said you can find a spot on Euclid and walk for free but man when the Dome is under 20% capacity for most games how about hooking a brother up with parking.

Its the parking which is a killer. I could be wrong but think that many D 1 schools do not charge for the parking. As others have said you can find a spot on Euclid and walk for free but man when the Dome is under 20% capacity for most games how about hooking a brother up with parking.

It's down to $10 this year.

Used to be $15.

Hop charges $15 (reserved, game day), $12 (GA, game day), and $10 (youth/senior, game day) for tickets ($12, $10, and $8, respectively for tickets purchased online in advance).

MD charges up to $25 for reserved seats. OTOH, UNC charges nothing (actually, that's just this year, as Fetzner is being renovated).

So, based on a whopping 3 data points (thanks, Scooch ), it seems as if we are right in line with some major D1 lax teams.
upload_2018-4-3_6-8-8.gif

It's down to $10 this year.

Used to be $15.

I moved away remember it was $15.

thought it was crazy when the parking was $15 and the tickets were $10.

They would have a free scrimmage and charge for the parking. What a mess.do they still do this?

Hop charges $15 (reserved, game day), $12 (GA, game day), and $10 (youth/senior, game day) for tickets ($12, $10, and $8, respectively for tickets purchased online in advance).

MD charges up to $25 for reserved seats. OTOH, UNC charges nothing (actually, that's just this year, as Fetzner is being renovated).

So, based on a whopping 3 data points (thanks, Scooch ), it seems as if we are right in line with some major D1 lax teams. View attachment 125811

Premium seats at Yale were $20 (the $14 ticket I bought was GA) so SU definitely seems to be in line.

I parked on a street near the stadium for free. I believe there was a pay lot as well.

I moved away remember it was $15.

thought it was crazy when the parking was $15 and the tickets were $10.

They would have a free scrimmage and charge for the parking. What a mess.do they still do this?

The Fall Alumni Scrimmage was cancelled (mumps), and the Spring Scrimmages are closed to the public (at the Ensley Center).

$20 parking when you can have 4-8 in a car isnt so bad. they also are trying in some cases to limit cars on campus

When the team plays fairly well, the price of admission is well worth it given the entertainment for the dollar but families with children should get discounts if they dont already . Shame that two of our best performances were on the road and our two stinkers were in the Dome.

Don't forget you're playing in the Dome. Not cheap to have open for an event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom