Favorite movies that nobody you know has seen | Syracusefan.com

Favorite movies that nobody you know has seen

armory

All American
Was having this conversation a few days ago, trading movies to watch. Love the hidden gems, but then hate that nobody else has seen them.

Gonna start off with one of my favorite finds about a DJ that goes deaf and finds its the best thing that happened to him... the lead actor - Paul Kaye - is brilliant
(Also, he now plays one of the newest characters in GoT... which you should be watching!).

'It's All Gone Pete Tong' (2004)

famous director YES . martin scorsese. but not many people i know have seen AFTER HOURS.

also loved circa same time line jonathan demme's SOMETHING WILD and tom waits in CANDY MOUNTAIN. john cusack in SOME GIRLS and MY DINNER WITH ANDRE.( last one people tend to either love or hate).

famous director YES . martin scorsese. but not many people i know have seen AFTER HOURS.

also loved circa same time line jonathan demme's SOMETHING WILD and tom waits in CANDY MOUNTAIN. john cusack in SOME GIRLS and MY DINNER WITH ANDRE.( last one people tend to either love or hate).
I love After Hours. Its one of those channel stoppers for me. Of course I'm not sure I knew the name of it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I literally haven't seen any of those... and now I will. /threadsuccess

If you're in to documentaries, I loved New York Doll.
You wouldn't think a movie about rock and roll and religion would work, but it's fascinating.

i'm going to have to correct myself on SOME GIRLS. on further reflection it wasn't john cusack.but instead it was the young dr. mcd patrick dempsey. (cusack,broderick,dempsey,ducky...so confusing those 80s brat packers)
the story mostly takes place in quebec and also features a very lovely young and frisky jennifer connelley. and as a tie in andre gregory (my dinner with andre) plays the nude hippie dad. sorry for the mix up.

Here's some info on UHF

From Wikipedia
UHF has since become a cult classic, becoming very popular on cable and home video.[citation needed] The movie was rereleased in Europe and North America on VHS, but because of the little money earned at the box office, it soon fell out of print. In the several years UHF was out of print, the film developed a cult following, and fans of the film and Yankovic in general pawed desperately for a copy.

Overnight Delivery
The same plot as Road Trip, with Paul Rudd replacing Breckin Meyer, Christine Taylor replacing the girlfriend, and Reese Witherspoon replacing Amy Smart and all of the friends. OD came first and I think it's better. Did I mention that Witherspoon plays a stripper?

Watch It
Peter Gallagher moves to Chicago to live with his cousin and his roommates, including John C. McGinley and Tom Sizemore. They spend most of the movie chasing girls and pulling pranks on each other.

Both of these came out in the 90s, but have that 80s, John Hughes feel.

Yeah, but to Jeke's point: who hasn't seen UHF? Movie used to be on TV daily growing up.
It became a cult classic,I guess I just assumed it wasn't a popular film when I saw it. Maybe I mixed it with the actual movie plot ( a struggling tv station). I'm really sorry bro. Won't do it again.

It became a cult classic,I guess I just assumed it wasn't a popular film when I saw it. Maybe I mixed it with the actual movie plot ( a struggling tv station). I'm really sorry bro. Won't do it again.
No need to be sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk,.apologies if it came across that way.

Just had the same reaction as Jeke when I saw it in the thread, must just be timing of when I grew up as I'm sure not many of the younger generation know of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No need to be sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk,.apologies if it came across that way.

Just had the same reaction as Jeke when I saw it in the thread, must just be timing of when I grew up as I'm sure not many of the younger generation know of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Btw I never had cable growing up, had to watch everything on antenna and VHS. My wife makes fun of me all the time about it. I did grow up during that time frame but I couldn't see it on cable.

Here's some info on UHF

From Wikipedia
UHF has since become a cult classic, becoming very popular on cable and home video.[citation needed] The movie was rereleased in Europe and North America on VHS, but because of the little money earned at the box office, it soon fell out of print. In the several years UHF was out of print, the film developed a cult following, and fans of the film and Yankovic in general pawed desperately for a copy.

So my VHS copy of UHF might be worth something? I bought is at Chimney's Video's closing...

Run Lola Run - This is a 1998 German film about a girl who has 20 minutes to come up with 100,000 German Marks to save her boyfriend's life. The same story is told 3 times, but each time tiny little things happen differently, and they end up having huge impacts on how things unfold. Similar to Sliding Doors but way better.

27, I have no clue what UHF is... Something I should get on?

The "Halo 4" movie off of Netflix.

<~~~~ proud dweeb

27, I have no clue what UHF is... Something I should get on?
Well apparently Jeke saw it in the theatre the week and half it was actually playing. Obviously you should have seen it then lol. It's a cult classic if anything. I think it's funny.