Favorite NYS Orange | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite NYS Orange

Adam Terry. The other big kid from Colonie who was on the same line as Terry. Running back from Lansingburgh.
Matt Tarrullo, a real nice guy, and Kareen Jones. Also Jeremy Horne from Albany High. Almost enough for counting on two hands

Pat Kelly
Kyle Adams
David Walker

Here are some more:

Vic Hanson and Joe Alexander. I believe both are in the college football hall of fame. Bill Horr from Central Square. Marty Glickman and Wilmeth Sidat Singh. Byron Abraham. John Dominic. Doug Marrone. Duane Kinnon. Rich Roche. Jim Leible. Keith Friberg. John Mackey and Jerry Mackey. Andrew Dees. George Rooks. Mike Williams. Daryl Johnston. Blake Bednarz. Mike Bernard. Roger Carges. Jake Carey. Tim Vesling. Keith Downing. Shane and Jared Kimmel. Dick Dino. Brian LeBaron. Pat O'Roarke. Harlan Brew. Marty Chalk. Ed Koban. Steve Villanti. Jim Jerome. Tony Montemorra. Pete Ewald. Cy Ellsworth. Greg Christodulu. Trill Williams. Andre Cisco. John Biskup. Mike Hayes. Don McAuley. Brent Ziegler. Tom Watson. Warren Stith. Mark Swinson. Rob Barnett. Alban Brown. Antonio Anderson. Harold Gayden. Walter Moseley. Scott Schwedes. Jerome Hall. Tony Huddleston. Robert Drummond. Chris Ingram. Todd Kasmer. Henry Flournoy.

I loved Doug Hogue. I think he's one of the most underrated Cuse defensive players of all time. He put up some crazy stats at LB after starting his career at RB.

Really wish Hunt was able to play his SR season.

I was a big Hogue fan also. Found this "Where are they now" article from 2019

Who would have ever thought that NYS produced football players? :confused:

Outside of the obvious Jim Brown and Ernie Davis, who are your favorite all-time Orange players from New York State?
Here are some to get you started. Alphabetical order by first name. (My apologies for any obvious omissions.)
  • Andrew Tiller
  • Arthur Jones
  • Byron Abraham (hey, I'm from Utica)
  • Chandler Jones
  • Chris Gedney
  • Chuck Zimmerman
  • Damien Rhodes
  • Dick Easterly (1959 NC Team)
  • Doug Houge
  • Jay Bromley
  • Jim Jerome
  • John Dominic, Jr.
  • Keith Moody
  • Macky MacPherson
  • Marcus Sales
  • Maury Youmans (1959 NC Team)
  • Riley Dixon
  • Robert Drummond
  • Scott Schwedes
  • Siriki Debate (Diet Tab)
  • Terrel Hunt (worst luck - might have been really good)
  • Tim Green
  • Tom Myers
  • Wayne Morgan
  • Will Allen

Tommy Myers - A great player.

How could you forget Marty Janueskewicz?

Chris Gedney for me. I started this journey my freshman year in 1991. 1992 team finished #6 in the country, Fiesta Bowl winner. Against a schedule that featured Texas, Ohio State, Miami (when Miami was Miami), Colorado (when Colorado was one of the top programs in the country).

There were a lot of key parts to that team, but only one was a first team All American, and back then, that also meant a Bob Hope special. That player was Gedney. If only he could have had 3 more yards in that Miami game.

Great player, great person. Continue to RIP.

Outside of the obvious Jim Brown and Ernie Davis, who are your favorite all-time Orange players from New York State?
Here are some to get you started. Alphabetical order by first name. (My apologies for any obvious omissions.)
  • Andrew Tiller
  • Arthur Jones
  • Byron Abraham (hey, I'm from Utica)
  • Chandler Jones
  • Chris Gedney
  • Chuck Zimmerman
  • Damien Rhodes
  • Dick Easterly (1959 NC Team)
  • Doug Houge
  • Jay Bromley
  • Jim Jerome
  • John Dominic, Jr.
  • Keith Moody
  • Macky MacPherson
  • Marcus Sales
  • Maury Youmans (1959 NC Team)
  • Riley Dixon
  • Robert Drummond
  • Scott Schwedes
  • Siriki Debate (Diet Tab)
  • Terrel Hunt (worst luck - might have been really good)
  • Tim Green
  • Tom Myers
  • Wayne Morgan
  • Will Allen

Chandler
Ish
Erv
Mackey
Dungey
Hogue
Dixon
Chandlers bro, DT

I loved Doug Hogue. I think he's one of the most underrated Cuse defensive players of all time. He put up some crazy stats at LB after starting his career at RB.

Really wish Hunt was able to play his SR season.

Amen, love the guy, 6'3", 230. Converted from a stud rb to a great lb.

Ed Ackley.

Sure, he got hosed. Had to back up some guy named Jim Brown. But Ed was a fine athlete and a true gentleman who adored Jim, and I believe was his roommate for a year or two. A product of the same YMCA that produced former AD Lew Andreas and the same high school that was home to members of the Manley (as in fieldhouse) family.

Here are some more:

Vic Hanson and Joe Alexander. I believe both are in the college football hall of fame. Bill Horr from Central Square. Marty Glickman and Wilmeth Sidat Singh. Byron Abraham. John Dominic. Doug Marrone. Duane Kinnon. Rich Roche. Jim Leible. Keith Friberg. John Mackey and Jerry Mackey. Andrew Dees. George Rooks. Mike Williams. Daryl Johnston. Blake Bednarz. Mike Bernard. Roger Carges. Jake Carey. Tim Vesling. Keith Downing. Shane and Jared Kimmel. Dick Dino. Brian LeBaron. Pat O'Roarke. Harlan Brew. Marty Chalk. Ed Koban. Steve Villanti. Jim Jerome. Tony Montemorra. Pete Ewald. Cy Ellsworth. Greg Christodulu. Trill Williams. Andre Cisco. John Biskup. Mike Hayes. Don McAuley. Brent Ziegler. Tom Watson. Warren Stith. Mark Swinson. Rob Barnett. Alban Brown. Antonio Anderson. Harold Gayden. Walter Moseley. Scott Schwedes. Jerome Hall. Tony Huddleston. Robert Drummond. Chris Ingram. Todd Kasmer. Henry Flournoy.

Bob Grosvenor, Terry Dougherty, Tim Pidgin. Section 4 represent!

I have got to go with two guys I went to high school with; Scott Schwedes and Rob Drummond.

Bob Grosvenor, Terry Dougherty, Tim Pidgin. Section 4 represent!
Where are from in Section IV. Went to school with all the Dougherty’s. Terry’s brother Dan wrestled at Syracuse.