FBS Salaries for Coaches | Syracusefan.com

FBS Salaries for Coaches

I'm fairly certain that HCDB is paid $2.4 million (corrected - $2.5 million see XO article below) putting him in the middle of the ACC. To keep him after 3 years (fairly certain he is staying for 3 but cannot say why), we will need to pay him at or up near $4 million. SU should be making that or more on increased ticket sales - simple math 10,000 extra tickets sold at $25 per seat x 6 games = $1.5 million - essentially Babers can earn his own $1.5 million increase in ticket sales at no extra cost to SU.

Last edited:
Kansas has just given up on football. Paying someone $1.2 million in a power five conference, and being outdone by the likes of Louisiana Lafayette, Tulane, North Texas, Fresno State. Yikes.

I'm fairly certain that HCDB is paid $2.4 million (corrected - $2.5 million see XO article below) putting him in the middle of the ACC. To keep him after 3 years (fairly certain he is staying for 3 but cannot say why), we will need to pay him at or up near $4 million. SU should be making that or more on increased ticket sales - simple math 10,000 extra tickets sold at $25 per seat x 6 games = $1.5 million - essentially Babers can earn his own $1.5 million increase in ticket sales at no extra cost to SU.

let me preface this by saying I LOVE DINO. But we need a 10 win major bowl season in the next 3 years to justify putting him into the 4mm world. Guy is in his 50s. If he wants to ride off in 3 years over money, let him. I think the key is improving facilities, PAYING the assistants and going from there.

let me preface this by saying I LOVE DINO. But we need a 10 win major bowl season in the next 3 years to justify putting him into the 4mm world. Guy is in his 50s. If he wants to ride off in 3 years over money, let him. I think the key is improving facilities, PAYING the assistants and going from there.

I think it's premature to say that. If the baylor system gets figured out by defenses and becomes less of an advantage then yes it may be wise. On the other hand it could take more than 3 years based on where we were at to get this thing really rolling. It's hard to predict next week let alone 2.5 years from now!

I think it's premature to say that. If the baylor system gets figured by defenses and becomes less of an advantage then yes it may be wise. On the other hand it could take more than 3 years based on where we were at to get this thing really rolling. It's hard to predict next week let alone 2.5 years from now!

i don't think it's premature to say Dino Babers should automatically get a 63% raise in year 4 unless we see a tremendous leap forward. We're 4-4 right now with major green shoots. I don't assume anything about anyone. I want to see where we are in a few years before I'm handing out a contract that dwarfs what Jimmy B got with a hoops program that he captained for 40 years. Am I crazy to say that, probably b/c college football is crazy.

He's gone if you use that logic. He's 55. He has at least 1 more stop in him somewhere else.

proof without evidence. does he have a 3-4-5 yr contract?

6 year contract but buyout friendly after 3 years - nuff said.

He's gone if you use that logic. He's 55. He has at least 1 more stop in him somewhere else.

6 year contract but buyout friendly after 3 years - nuff said.

then by your logic give it to him now b/c he's going to be angry after year one about his contract. I just don't see the logic in being held hostage by a 500 record in year one. I will change my mind like i said if we see this team sniffing 10 wins.

Thank heavens Paul Pasqualoni didn't ask for a raise after year 2. Guy should have been the highest paid coach in football with his start.

he may leave, but only if he does really well.. if he does really well and is close to 60 and knows he will need to start a rebuild again does he really want to do that or try to add on to what is already successful here where he keeps talking about the advantages of what SU has to offer.

10 wins is not easily attained even by the best teams in the country and you expect us to be there in 3 years? It's not all about the wins. We may have the same record as last year but you can clearly see we are headed in the right direction, both on the field and off. There has been more stories about Syracuse nationally this past year than probably the last 5 years combined.

I'm glad you're not the SU AD if you're making definitive statements like that in year 1. There are a lot of variables that could be in play in 3 years, such as an upward trend in on-field results, roster composition, schedule, ticket sales, revenue...It shouldn't be a "You get me 10 wins and a playoff bid or you can walk" scenario.

What if they go 9-3, come in second in the Atlantic behind eventual NC contender Clemson/FSU/Louisville and get a Citrus Bowl berth and are poised to compete for an ACC championship the next year with a veteran team? In that scenario, what would you say?

I can't believe that Dabo is behind the likes of Dan Mullen, Kevin Sumlin and Charlie Strong...and Bob Stoops in the top 5?!?!

then by your logic give it to him now b/c he's going to be angry after year one about his contract. I just don't see the logic in being held hostage by a 500 record in year one. I will change my mind like i said if we see this team sniffing 10 wins.

Thank heavens Paul Pasqualoni didn't ask for a raise after year 2. Guy should have been the highest paid coach in football with his start.

I think comparisons are silly. Each coach and situation should be looked at on it's own merit.

I agree with waiting - but not at a set number of wins. I think Wildhack will judge all of the things worth judging and I'd be shocked if he didn't already have a plan if things go really well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom