Feels Like when we lost to Miami in 90's as time ran out! | Syracusefan.com

Feels Like when we lost to Miami in 90's as time ran out!

nralecuse

Walk On
It has been a long time since I watched our ORANGEMEN [did you hear Todd Blackledge use the term?!] look like they belonged. The Cuse is no a longer a homecoming chump team.
Wish we had won but so happy for the program and proud of this team.
We are BACK.
We will become a force in the ACC. We will no longer be considered automatic wins by others.
Can you imagine what will happen in a few years after the Dome Remodel !?!!!!!
The validity of this optimism will be apparent next Saturday when we go to PITT and take care of business.
This team is for real. We will be ranked after today for the first time in way to many years.
GO ORANGE !!

Feels completely different to me. We took control of the Miami game in the second half and got worn down in second half of this one.

I don't know if we'll be ranked yet. Most teams don't move up adter a loss, even if it's to an elite team in close fashion. We also have a reputation for fading in the second half of the season. The voters won't disregard that until we continue to win. We likely need to take care of business in the next game or two.

Feels completely different to me. We took control of the Miami game in the second half and got worn down in second half of this one.

I don't know if we'll be ranked yet. Most teams don't move up adter a loss, even if it's to an elite team in close fashion. We also have a reputation for fading in the second half of the season. The voters won't disregard that until we continue to win. We likely need to take care of business in the next game or two.

Yeah in terms of how the games went, they were reversed. Right down to how we were gashing Miami on the ground in the second half of that one.

But in terms of our team earning respect even in a loss, there’s similarities.

Yeah in terms of how the games went, they were reversed. Right down to how we were gashing Miami on the ground in the second half of that one.

But in terms of our team earning respect even in a loss, there’s similarities.
I suppose. I think we were already respected at that point as a team that had been ranked the whole year, started the year in the top 10, was ranked 8th coming into the Miami game, and was in the midst of it's 4th 10 win season in 6 years.

If anything, to me, this may feel closer to '87 where a lot of things are finally coming together under the leadership of a senior qb bringing us back to prominance. Of course we have to see how we finsh up first.

That game against Miami is what made me an Orange fan. This was exciting but Clemson is not the hated foe that Miami was ... and to go to Clemson and play so tough against a top team is completely different scenario than winning at home. Also think that our level of talent isn't where it was in '92. Good coaching prepared us well for a major mismatch today.

That game against Miami is what made me an Orange fan. This was exciting but Clemson is not the hated foe that Miami was ... and to go to Clemson and play so tough against a top team is completely different scenario than winning at home. Also think that our level of talent isn't where it was in '92. Good coaching prepared us well for a major mismatch today.
I miss the U.

They were fun to hate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom