Few D Line comments | Syracusefan.com

Few D Line comments

mlbball99

2nd String
Just saw this pic of Darton after the game. Seems to be OK, if a picture is worth 1,000 words.

Speaking of which, Darton is good for getting an injury timeout once or twice a game. It’s because he’s an absolute bruiser. One of a kind player who is always in the action. Continues to be such a pleasant surprise.

Some other notes:
- Terry Lockett seems to be a full DE now. I think it’s a case of he’s too good to keep off the field, but Darton and EFC are great at DT.

- There was a few series I noticed Chase Simmons in over Caleb Okechuwku. Right away I saw Simmons get man handled to the ground and got no pressure. It led to some big Purdue plays. The one time Simmons got pressure, he went low on the QB for roughing the passer.

- Not a DLine comment, but he is a D Line guy eventually, but if you watch the LeQuint 1 yard TD run again, Rashard Perry does an unbelievable job blocking and creating a hole. He was also great on the Shrader fakes. Nice find for the power package.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpeg
    IMG_0241.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 108
Just saw this pic of Darton after the game. Seems to be OK, if a picture is worth 1,000 words.

Speaking of which, Darton is good for getting an injury timeout once or twice a game. It’s because he’s an absolute bruiser. One of a kind player who is always in the action. Continues to be such a pleasant surprise.

Some other notes:
- Terry Lockett seems to be a full DE now. I think it’s a case of he’s too good to keep off the field, but Darton and EFC are great at DT.

- There was a few series I noticed Chase Simmons in over Caleb Okechuwku. Right away I saw Simmons get man handled to the ground and got no pressure. It led to some big Purdue plays. The one time Simmons got pressure, he went low on the QB for roughing the passer.

- Not a DLine comment, but he is a D Line guy eventually, but if you watch the LeQuint 1 yard TD run again, Rashard Perry does an unbelievable job blocking and creating a hole. He was also great on the Shrader fakes. Nice find for the power package.
Perry just might end up being the best defensive linemen since Tim Green.
He manhandled those big Purdue DL on those blocks, imagine what he will do going after people on defense.

Thanks for pointing that out because I was wondering who that was in the backfield.

The broadcast also highlighted Darton's push on the center that was key to blowing up a play during the 1st quarter goal line stand. Nice shout out to him on national TV.
In the 4th announcer said 'Syracuse putting fresh defensive linemen in' heard that plenty for our opponents, haven't heard that in ages for SU it seems. So yeah, depth!

Perry just might end up being the best defensive linemen since Tim Green.
He manhandled those big Purdue DL on those blocks, imagine what he will do going after people on defense.
I can't figure out why they've wasted 2 of his 4 frosh games as a blocking back instead of as a DL.
I want to see him battling on the line.

Short yardage blocking is very important, not wasted.
True. He's contributing, but not developing at his real position.

I can't figure out why they've wasted 2 of his 4 frosh games as a blocking back instead of as a DL.
Probably because he is not as good as the top guys yet. He will redshirt unless they get injuries.

Wasted?

Probably because he is not as good as the top guys yet. He will redshirt unless they get injuries.
He's played in all 3 games, I believe, as the short-yardage, goal line blocking back. If he plays in 5, his redshirt is gone. It seems he's entrenched in that job permanently so I don’t think he redshirts. One of these times, he's going to get the ball as a surprise and score a TD and we'll all be giddy about it.

He's played in all 3 games, I believe, as the short-yardage, goal line blocking back. If he plays in 5, his redshirt is gone. It seems he's entrenched in that job permanently so I don’t think he redshirts. One of these times, he's going to get the ball as a surprise and score a TD and we'll all be giddy about it.
That's why would like to find out if he can catch the ball, with his size and speed he could be the player to ignite the offense, as TE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom