Filipowski better be suspended | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Filipowski better be suspended

Then don't bring it up. It has nothing to do with Flip tripping him. Which was intentional. That can't be allowed. If it is, we aren't playing basketball anymore.

If Ingram didn't push off on a player on the ground nothing would've happened. (I know the league is only supposed to govern the trip and declare intent, good luck)

Flip's playing Thursday, hope we are too.

The two hands/ he is getting up trying to go the other way and Flip was right there. It’s instinct to put your hands wherever to get to your feet and that was the quickest option to get back in the play. I’ve watched it too many times now but there is a lot of work being done saying he intentionally pushed him down… I mean come on… I did that 100 times trying to get back into the play playing soccer and was tripped my fair share (which was called and usually always a card). You turn and try and get to your feet and if your opponent is there well he is part of the field of play.

It’s not like Ingram got up and ran 6 ft into Flip… he rolled over to get up and was right there.

He got tripped up because he pushed off going over Flip. Take a different route.
So it was his fault. He got what he had coming to him. Look, Buddy punched a kid and the refs didn't see it. The review showed it and he was rightfully suspended for a game. Flip tripped a kid. The refs didn't see it. He should be suspended but he probably won't be. One is right and one is wrong. It really is that simple.

If Ingram didn't push off on a player on the ground nothing would've happened. (I know the league is only supposed to govern the trip and declare intent, good luck)

Flip's playing Thursday, hope we are too.
Oh, he is playing Thursday. We agree on that. His Jersey has a lot ot do with that. Was Allen ever suspended by the league? I know K suspended him for a game or a half or the first time out. That doesn't it make it right.

The two hands was a nothing burger. Flip is starting a rep as a dirty player, the guy can't even own his stuff faking injuries twice. Was Scheyer apoplectic about the trip like his drama filled anti court storming speech?

Push off's aren't fouls? (actually with UNC they aren't...)

To the extreme yes, but Rudy Tomjanovich should've taken a different route

The two hands was a nothing burger. Flip is starting a rep as a dirty player, the guy can't even own his stuff faking injuries twice. Was Scheyer apoplectic about the trip like his drama filled anti court storming speech?

You're his doctor?

Jalen Brunson had a knee injury where the internet doctor's said he would be gone a year, missed a game or two.

You're his doctor?

Jalen Brunson had a knee injury where the internet doctor's said he would be gone a year, missed a game or two.
Bayside, I like you. You know that. XC isn't his DR. But you have become Flip's lawyer. Probably tripped him? Come on. If you aren't sure he tripped him on purpose, I want you on a jury if I ever do something wrong.

Flip should get suspended for this, if he actually will is a different conversation lol

Push off's aren't fouls? (actually with UNC they aren't...)
Yea, but its not a flagrant. Lots of common fouls are missed, flagrant fouls are far more egregious to miss. Flip is intentionally looking to hurt a player, pretty simple, the UNC player may have been a jerk, not sure, but retaliation like tripping is by far not warranted. Then to deny he did it is gutless. Flip is a tool.

This is some street ball action by Buddy. I kinda like it. :cool:

Look at the sequence before Buddy's punch. The opponent purposely took his weight and bumped into Buddy. While I know the bump is considered a basketball play, he completely dislodged Buddy (bumper car action). Buddy found that to be BS, hence the punch to the guy's gut. I'm okay with that.
His little punch would probably be laughed off by a kindergarten kid. It was pretty weak.

Precedent has been set. I don’t see how they can’t suspend him. If they don’t it just shows how Charlotte wants to run this conference with different rules for everyone.

I won’t even bring Buddy into this. Clemson had a player suspended last year for a flagrant against Duke.

Flip will get suspended because neither SU, Louisville or NCSt are perceived as legitimate threats. They will be heavily favored no matter the opponent.

So it was his fault. He got what he had coming to him. Look, Buddy punched a kid and the refs didn't see it. The review showed it and he was rightfully suspended for a game. Flip tripped a kid. The refs didn't see it. He should be suspended but he probably won't be. One is right and one is wrong. It really is that simple.
I don't know how Teddy V - who also worked the Buddy punch game fyi - missed it as he was right there. There's also, I believe, a stripe at the table who's job is too look for this kind of stuff and alert game officials. That didn't happen in the Buddy punch.

Precedent has been set. I don’t see how they can’t suspend him. If they don’t it just shows how Charlotte wants to run this conference with different rules for everyone.

I won’t even bring Buddy into this. Clemson had a player suspended last year for a flagrant against Duke.
Yes I miss the glory days of the Big East when stuff like this didn't happen. (yes I know that's not your point) :)

He won't be suspended and it will be the most egregious good ole boy Dook favoritism I have seen since we have joined this joke of a league.

For the 500th time: I am going to enjoy pissing on the ACC's grave when it dies. And it will be sooner than later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom